Crossed Paths

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke just came back from their investigation and demon subjugation at the mansion. Zenitsu and Inosuke didn't get along so well but in the end, they did excellent job against Kyogai without much of teamwork. Inosuke always forces Zenitsu to fight him even though Zenitsu didn't want to do anything with Inosuke.

Tanjiro found out that Zenitsu don't have any self-awareness while the fighting against Kyogai. He kept this secret, for now. Tanjiro found those two a great company, he owes Zenitsu for protecting his sister from Inosuke. He forgot to ask why, maybe later.

He enjoys being around those two. Sometimes he needs to babysit Inosuke and keep him away from causing and getting into trouble. But he didn't mind it. Their chaotic conversation were cut off quick as Tanjiro's crow landed on his head and cawing loudly.

"Caw! Caw! Head northeast to the Shijima Village, a demon has been spotted, Caw!" The crow obnoxiously cawing.

"No! No more! If I do this again, I might die! I don't want to be eaten alive!" Zenitsu whimpers. He is traumatized by the long-tongued demon before and passed out. If it wasn't for his sleepwalking, he probably be dead.

"Haha! More demons to be defeated! I shall prove that I am the strongest! Mwahahaha!" Inosuke laughed. His loud personality is the one making their trio felt pretty chaotic. He is naturally talented in fighting and the flexibility of his joints is also an inhuman feat. The only think that holds him back is just his lack of common sense and rude manners.

"Come on both of you! This is our chance to do better! Let us give this mission our best!" Then there's Tanjiro, kind and big hearted young man. He's a kind boy that definitely help you whenever you're in pinch. Even though you're a stranger to him.

He sympathizes with demons, as to him they are sad creatures. Each time he slayed a demon, he hope that they can be reborn into a good person and have a chance of good life in their next life. Always respects elders and optimistic. He has no grudge against demons even though they killed his family. He has no grudge against them, except Muzan.

The weather is clear, breeze flew against his cheeks. Tanjiro wished every day would could be like this, just calm. Inosuke lead the way, walking high and mighty. Tanjiro and Zenitsu is in the back. Zenitsu whispers, to Tanjiro.

"Why are you traveling with a demon?"

Tanjiro's caught off guard with that question. He knew that they will found out sooner or later. He owes Zenitsu protecting his sister, might as well tell him. But the question is,

"How?"

"I have pretty good hearing you know, I can tell the difference between sound they made." Zenitsu proudly explained his special trait to Tanjiro.

"Sound?" They have a difference? Tanjiro's face clearly showing signs of visible confusion.

"Demons and humans have different sound they made." Zenitsu described.

"Did somebody say........Demons!?" Inosuke cut their conversation quick, scaring Zenitsu.

"Eek! Stop that you idiot! I almost got a heart attack earlier!" Zenitsu complained.

Tanjiro just watch as his friends are fighting each other of. He need to break off their fights again. Tanjiro scoffs at himself. He's grateful that fate has blessed him with good friends. The sun sets signaling daybreak. Demons will start lurking again, and they will stop them for good.

A few hours later..... 

Shijima village, a run-out-of-a-mil village that is located besides a sea that became sources of income for the village. Most of the villagers are fishermen that are living a normal and cozy life. The village has the freshest fish from the sea every day, blessing from the sea.

The shops look like they're about to closed down. Three people has been reported missing since yesterday and people started to be more vigilant as people has been missing without a trace. As they started to be on a lookout, an old lady tdropped her items in front of Tanjiro. Without any hesitation, Tanjiro proceed to help her.

"Are you okay granny?" Tanjiro asked.

Hohoho! I'm okay child, thank you." The granny replied with a smile.

"Oh! Let me help you carry this stuff." Tanjiro offers to help.

"You're to kind, boy. But I'll take up on your offer."

He picked up the granny's groceries. Carry it and follow the granny. Zenitsu and Inosuke just watch from the side. Zenitsu's eyes look at Tanjiro dead on the back, seriously? Right now? Where's your spirit on defeating the demons as fast as possible?

Inosuke's already vanished to thin air, he's already causing a trouble around. Zenitsu decides to go after Inosuke. 

Tanjiro followed the grandma to the cemetery, the place is filled with fogs. It's hard to see here, why are we here? Tanjiro keep the questions, at least until they arrived.

In front of the torii gate, there's an offering box that is full of assorted fruits, vegetables, fishes and jar of sake. So these are for offering, Tanjiro thought. They clearly no the first one who's been here. To whom this offering might be?

"So young man, will you help me put these offerings down?"

"Sure, let me help you with it."

Putting those offerings, the old granny light up some incense and pray. Tanjiro followed by also praying. As they exited, Tanjiro decided to throw some question.

"If you mind, may I ask you for whom the offerings for?" 

"It's for Spirit Of The Graves, Hanekichi."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Hanekichi?  Who's That?"

"Oh? You didn't know about him?"

"Well, I'm new here, could you tell me more about it?

"Very well then."

From there, the granny told Tanjiro all of Hanekichi, the ghost who protects the weak and helpless. The ghost who had punished countless criminals that tried to do something bad without any hesitation. He's worshipped by every single people in town. Maybe that's why the offering box are so full.

Hearing the stories from the granny, he realized that this Hanekichi maybe connected to their mission. It might be a fake lead, but at least it's worth trying. He needed to get back with his friends. They're going to devise a plan.