Just Next Door

It was a cloudy day, and Rengoku was assigned to a task that involves the missing of multiple people surrounding a town. Things got really escalated when it is said there's a sighting of creatures that people have never seen. That's a red flag for the Corps. It's enough to attract attention through the stories of the locals. 

Through the stories, a man was interested in it. Rengoku needed an information so he started from people's stories. He doesn't have much of a lead. He himself volunteered for the task since he doesn't want anymore deaths for the Corps since a lot of greenhorn have died recently after they've encountered formidable demons.

Day by day, demons is starting to get stronger by devouring humans more frequently. Rengoku enters the town, hoping to find a lead. The town looks normal, no strange things happening. He enters a small shop selling bento boxes. He bought a dozen before going out from the shop, leaving everyone outside speechless. Something's lingering in his mind, and it's not about the bento boxes.

In the shop, he asks the shopkeeper about the missing individuals. Which she replied, "You're the second person who asked me about the same thing today. Are you happened to be a traveler too?"

"Yes, I am!" His loud voice boomed through the shop, shocking the shopkeeper. 

"What did you tell him?" Rengoku wants to know more about this person.

"Well, these people goes missing once in a week occasionally. Nobody knows why, it happens every Sunday. Luckily, today's Sunday" The shopkeeper explained.

"Funny enough, that man bought thrice as much of a bento you brought. Is he feeding an orphanage or some sort or in a long trip? That could last for weeks." The shop keeper pointed how much of a bento that man bought.

"When did he came here?" Rengoku becomes more invested in this man.

"He came here few minutes before you. You must've met him on the way. " The shopkeeper told Rengoku that he is few minutes too late.

"What did he look like?" Rengoku's instinct told him to find more about this man.

"I don't get a good look on his face, I'm sorry." The shopkeeper bow her head down.

"Its okay, you have helped me more than enough." Rengoku already felt gratitude since he got something that he could use.

"Thank you for your purchase, please come again!" The shopkeeper bid farewell to the Flame Pillar.

Rengoku finish his meal as soon as possible. He know now that there's someone else who is after the demon besides him. He didn't have much detail about this man so he decided to go after the demon first and then the man. The man will probably is searching for the demons too so there's a good chance Rengoku would find the man alongside the demon.

Right now, he would like to take a rest till night shows up. Thus, he goes to an inn. "Welcome!" The receptionist greeted the man with a warm welcome.

"I would like to stay a night! Do you still have a room?!" Rengoku puts a pouch of money on the table.

The receptionist who is surprised with his tone replied, "Lucky for you, there's still one empty room. Follow me." The receptionist guide him to his room.

"Here is your room. If you need anything, just call me. I'll be there. Have a good rest!" The receptionist leaved the Pillar alone in front of his room. He opened the door and proceed to meditate in the meantime, waiting for night to come.

As Rengoku entered his room and closed the door, a man next door emerged from the entrance of the room. He yawned, clearly just woke up from a slumber. "Damn, I shouldn't nap in the afternoon. Now my body is aching. What a pain." The man complained about his body aching all over. The man proceed to bring his stuff alongside him.

"Hello, I would like to check out from this inn." He left coins in front of the table, but no one was there. He then take the coins back and left, like a criminal he is.

Who knows that the man that Rengoku searched is just next door?

King Crimson! 

Rengoku checked out from the hotel when the night comes. The receptionist urges for him to stay the night, but he refused. Saying that he got something urgent. It was raining heavily that day.

He when on patrol, looking for any demon nearby. He patrol around the road, hoping to find one but none showed itself. Is there no demons here? 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a pike came rushing on him. He sheathed his sword and cut it in half. He look up and see a demon watching him and smiling. Rengoku take a good look on the pike he cut earlier, it's not made of any metal. It is something more organic, a bone.

The demon jumped down from the top of a shop. The demon had some sort of armor on his body. He looks confident that he could beat Rengoku. "Well, well, look what do we have here, a Demon Slayer."

"So you're the one who terrorizes this town." Rengoku said with a serious tone.

"That's me, now I feel very generous right now, so I'll let you live if you leave this town." The demon who had a high horse underestimate Rengoku too much.

"I will not leave. I shall stand my ground right here!" Rengoku stated.

The demon open his palm, a sharp bone protruding his arm. He pulled it, causing a long whip made from bones to came out from his palm. So his Blood Demon Art allows him to do this type of thing. 

"Then die!" The demon rushed on towards the Pillar. 

Flame Breathing, First Form

Rengoku gripped his blade, in a stance that is ready to fight.

Unknowing Fire!

Slash!

Rengoku charges towards his opponent at high speeds and decapitate the demon in one slash. The demon who is arrogantly on his high horse had been defeated just like that. He's messing with not a random Slayer, but a Hashira.

The demon turn into ashes immediately like that. The mission is accomplished. He unsheathed his blade back. He should go and report this back.

"Help! Help! Someone help!" A voice is desperately asking for help. Rengoku dash towards where the voice was heard. Is there another one nearby?

Following the direction the voice was heard. He arrived at the scene. Rengoku was horrified. A man is crawling away from something. As the man who is crawling spotted Rengoku he crawled straight for Rengoku.

The man's legs were chopped, his face looks beaten-up. The face is swollen black and blue. "Finally, there's someone! Please! Help me!" He begged for help.

"Please! Someone is hellbent on killing me- urghkk!" Before that man could finish his sentence and Rengoku could help him, a knife was thrown right between his crotch. The man bleeds a lot.

"Now, that's what I call bulls-eye." A figure appear from the shadows, laughing at the man's pain. He step on the man's back, "Who said that I'm done with you?" 

He then pull out a sword and stab that man, ending his life. Rengoku dashes at that figure. Their blade clashed. He could see the figure clearly, he's not a demon, he's human. He remember now who this figure actually is.

Green hair

Scar in the left eye

Carrying three swords

Wears a black men-yoroi

This man is Ronin, the Lone Slayer!