The Aftermath

The sun started to rise, signaling a dawn of the new day of the village. Where the villagers didn't have to hide from demons no longer. Because most of them were rather dead or gone from the village. Deserters from amongst the demons themselves. But its normal for an army that were build with fear to have deserters. If the leader's gone, the others will be in a complete chaos. The raid changed many lives, some people lost homes while some lost their family members. Some children became orphans and some lost sibling. 

Some of them blamed Zoro for not coming faster to prevent this tragedy from happening. Zoro didn't blame them, even he himself will blame someone if the same thing happened to him. Not all of them thinks like that though, some were just grateful for being alive today. If it weren't for the Pirate Hunter, they definitely will ended in some random demon stomach, being digested into waste, if demons poop.

They decided to build up the houses and shops that were damaged and destroyed in the invasion, after they  buried all the victims of the demons. The total casualties is 33 people, 14 men, 13 women and 6 children. A proper funeral was held for them at the temple. Rain started to fall, as if sky is grieving for them. The temple was filled with people of all ages, giving sympathies to those who lost their families.

Zoro decided to stay for a few days in the village to help with the reconstruction of the village. Which is a happy news for the villagers as they wanted to know more about their savior. Jizo gladly provided an accommodation for Zoro which that Zoro didn't refuse. The village is known for alcohol brewery, which is the best around. Jizo is a very wealthy man because of it, he control every ins and outs of the brewery. They traded their high quality sake for quite a fortune across couple towns that lived near them.

"I know this isn't much, but I hope you're satisfied with this room for this time being." Jizo guided Zoro to a room. The room has everything that Zoro needs, a table, a comfy bed, a nice view of the village, a balcony and more. In other words, everything in the room screams luxury. The walls was painted with a beautiful drawing, a lantern that is shaped like a dragon, heck it even got a katana placed as a decoration.

"This seem like a bit too much, isn't there any normal rooms here?" Zoro asked while looking a the room.  He is not used sleeping in a luxurious chamber like this. In Sunny, he just sleep in a hammock. Simple as that.

"Think of it as my gratitude for saving my daughter. If it weren't for her, I maybe give this whole mansion to you, including the maids." Jizo replied while smiling to his daughter's savior. Her daughter is more valuable than any treasures combined in his eyes. Since his wife's death, Jizo always pampered her.

Zoro uncomfortably laugh upon hearing Jizo's answer. "I am going to check on my daughter, come down if you're ready." Jizo then take the stairs down heading to the dining room.

Zoro nodded. He wanted to take a little bit of sleep. Since his sleep earlier was disrupted by two idiots looking for a free meal. he takes of his haori as he lay down the bed. It was very comfortable as he felt his consciousness starts to fade. When he make it back, he wanted a new bed. No more hammock for him no more.

After an hour and half of sleep, he wakes up to a maid wearing a traditional kimono entering his room. The maid informed him that the breakfast is ready, and asked him to follow her to the dining room. Zoro takes a minute to dressed up, just putting his haori without any shirt underneath. He felt like he could eat the entire elephant right now. He didn't have any luck catching fish in the river last night and slept with an empty stomach, before closing his eyes for 15 minutes before getting attacked. To him, the demons is nothing much of a challenge. They can't even scratch him, let alone beat him. He wondered if the demon he defeated before is someone high-ranking, giving the marking on her eyes.

"Oh? You're here already? I thought that you will sleep longer since you were tired, but it appears not."Jizo stroking his goatee with pride.

Zoro didn't answer and sit and pays respect to his food. He began gobbling up every  single grain of rice in his bowl before asking for seconds. Jizo was left speechless, seeing a bowl of rice and some side dishes disappear in front of his eyes.

"Seconds please!" Zoro asked.

The maid nodded and do as she were told. Zoro continued to eat with his vulgar pirate ways, shoving food down his throat and washing it all with liquor that were served. He ignored everyone at the dining room, as if they wanted to complain about it. Yeah, scolding a man about his manners who massacred all demons in one night sound like a death wish. At least, Zoro didn't hoard all the food for himself. He left the other side of food for Jizo and Shizu, he's not like his captain who steals his own crew's meal.

"You're quite a big eater, aren't you?" Jizo wipe the sweat on his face.

"I know, my captain ate twice as much as myself, he's an absolute glutton if you ask me." Zoro takes a sip from a bottle, his 15th bottle of sake for breakfast.

"Your captain?"Jizo asked.

"Nevermind that, what kind of region of Wano are we in, old man?" Zoro hoped for some information that he could definitely use right now. 

"I beg your pardon Zoro-san?" Jizo asked him again.

"Wano? The country of Wano? Never heard of it before? Is he not in Wano right now? If so this will be a huge trouble.

"I'm deeply sorry Zoro-san, we're currently in Japan, I've never heard of a country called Wano before." Jizo apologized to him. Though some question began to sprout on Jizo's mind, Where did Zoro came from. Wano? Jizo never heard of it.

Zoro squinted his eyes before the answer come from Jizo's mouth. The answer he hoped no to come out. He literally in a foreign land right now, What's his next plan after rebuilding the village?