Flashback

"Just as you all reported, the demon's carnage has increased more than ever. Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than it's ever been." Ubuyashiki is concerned that the attacks is happening more and more frequent. 

"We'll have to bolster the ranks of Demon Slayers. What do you all think?" He asks for their opinion.

Right now, they are doing a private meeting between the Master and the Pillars. In the middle of the night, they discuss things that are important and vital about the demons. They didn't invite the Voyagers to join the meeting as the meeting is held secret from anyone.

"The incident on Mt. Natagumo made it very crystal clear. The caliber of Demon Slayers has nose-dived to unbelievable levels." Shinazugawa couldn't believe how the caliber of the slayers have dropped so low.

"Most of them are useless. The trainers must be blind. You'd think they could at least tell if someone's competent or not." He added. It's true, most of the slayers are right now are pretty much a cannon fodder. That's why Doflamingo is even interested on making a pact in the first place.

"Well, that kid today sure seemed quite competent." Uzui show his interest on Tanjiro.

"He did land that flamboyant headbutt on you, Sanemi. He's got potential." Shinazugawa let that taunting go for now. He can't go feral with Master in front of him.

"The more human population increase, the harder it gets to unify them. Not to mention the times have changed." Shinobu thinks that the humans are breaking apart within each other.

"Other than those who've had their loved ones brutally massacred, and joined the Corps, or those whose family hunted demons for generations, to ask anyone to ask harness as much resolve to produce results are cruel." Gyomei thinks otherwise.

"Considering that boy ran into Twelve Kizuki soon after joining the Corps... He may have the power to draw them!" Rengoku could see the potential in Tanjiro.

"Agreed. The fact the Lower Five made a drastic move probably means Muzan is somewhere in Mt. Natagumo. Whenever Muzan to hides something, he creates a diversion." Ubuyashiki figured out how Muzan always keeps himself hidden from them.

"Aside from that, what do you guys think about the Voyagers?" He wants to know what they're thinking about them.

"The guy with glasses is arrogant, very arrogant. But his arrogance is backed up with his strength. He's not all bark no bite. He's strong." Shinazuawa expresses his opinion. Other Hashira were shocked, Shinazugawa never really admitted things like that. What's wrong? 

"The time when he completely halted my movement is very surprising. He didn't even budge from where he stand, and didn't bother to even look at me like I'm a fly. How did he even do that? He's not a demon yet he has a strange ability." Shinazugawa added.

"Back in the mountain, he just played with me and Giyuu without being serious at all. One kick devastated the whole forest, he's simply a monster in disguise." Shinobu let out all the feelings that she hold. She was scared.

"His presence itself is terrifying. On the first glance on his aura, I thought that he's an enemy the first time we met. I can feel his malicious intent even though I can't see." Gyomei don't trust that man even a single bit.

"Pardon me Master, but why did you decided to trust them even though you knew they can't be trusted?" Shinazugawa wants to know.

"As you said yourself, the caliber of Demon Slayers have nose-dived so much. We can't rely on Hashiras alone. We need someone that is strong, someone that could back us up in desperate times. They fit all the criterias." Ubuyashiki explains why the Voyagers were vital to them.

"You've witness their powers firsthand don't you? How they have an abilities beyond what humans could do, and the strength beyond logic. Law-san destroyed your sword, a Hashira's sword. Even the Twelve Kizuki would find it challenging and yet he did it alone. He didn't even flinch and received no cuts from the sword." Ubuyashiki reminded how Shinazugawa's sword were broken by the doctor.

"That's why it is better for us to co-op with them, rather than provoking them. It's better for us if they were allies, rather than enemies. Right now, we need every help we could get." Ubuyashiki is determined to bring down Muzan at all cost, even if it means gambling his own life.

"For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing for us to do. I believe that among you Hashira who are present today, I've assembled the finest unit since the First Breathing Swordsmen of the feudal area." Ubuyashiki is proud with their achievement.

"Tengen Uzui"

"Kyojuro Rengoku"

"Shinobu Kocho"

"Misturi Kanroji"

"Muichiro Tokito"

"Gyomei Himejima"

"Sanemi Shinazugawa"

"Obanai Iguro"

"Tomioka Giyuu"

"My children, I look forward to your success." The meeting ended like that. The Hashira goes back to rest while some where having a training. Others like Rengoku just simply admiring the moonlight.

"Well, the meeting has ended. There's nothing interesting at all. It's just a waste of time." Doflamingo complained, he just wasted his time all for nothing. 

He can't completely say it was all for nothing. He now knows how Muzan operates now. He now could predict what the guy is doing by his moves. He found out that the cannon fodders of Demon Slayer's caliber is completely trash and they could only count on the higher-ups. He heard about them talking about himself and the others. How he gives off nasty vibes to them, not that he cares about that anyway.

He put down his cigar that he just finished smoking and step on it. Well, I better get going right now, I can't be spotted. He took a step back from the backwall of the mansion. He walks away while humming his favorite sonata.

---------------------------------

Rengoku can't sleep. His mind can't get the Ronin out. Since the meeting, the Ronin always loos on his head. He won't forget what the Ronin told him, the way of thinking and perspective that changed him for a while.

He still remember that day...