ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝗠ason sat on one of the spinning chairs in the area closest to the cockpit

𝗠ason sat on one of the spinning chairs in the area closest to the cockpit. He had one foot resting on the cushion; his chin on his knee as he stared into the center of the plane where everyone rested. Rayne and Rueben departed to the bedroom after Kai and Kaedyn left it; the two of them were sitting on the white couch. Kaedyn had his head resting on the back edge of it, while Kai was leaning into him, his head on his shoulder. Jase and Caycee took base on the opposite side, in seats similar to his, also passed out. He was the only one who was still awake.

They'd been in the air for six hours now, and because of that, he's had a lot of time to think about what he wanted to do. He had a lot of time to think about the new things he'd learned from Maverick at the ball, and after convincing Kai to give him his phone password earlier, things were sliding into place.

He dropped his foot and let it dangle off the chair in unison with his other one. With his laptop open in front of him, and a string of messages between himself and Maverick on the screen, he knew what he had to do. Just – part of him felt like he shouldn't.

He'd never been the sneaky type. And while he hated to confront others, it was something he wasn't horrible at. He knew that this was a conversation and investigation he should have with the twins when they're conscious, but if what Maverick said is true, then they have no problem with going behind his back, unlike his current struggle.

But before he did that, he needed to finalize one more thing.

Mason placed his chin in one hand and used the other to manage the mousepad on his MacBook. He pulled up the Microsoft Word document he'd been formulating since the Ball. Here, he was keeping track of not only his notes, but he was also piecing together a timeline.

So far, he had this:

Friday: Elle's Funeral.

- Twins missed funeral; arrived to reception three and a half hours late.
- The Docks in Oregon, by flight, are three hours away.
- When arrived, Kai had cuts on his hands, and Kae had a black eye.
- After talking to Blaine, a tattoo on the left hand of one guy had been brought to light; Kai has a king's crown on said hand.
- Fighting skills match those of the video found on them from AAC.

Mason tapped a finger to his cheek, frowning as he looked at the list and read it over, just as he'd done multiple times since he started to compile it. While all of the evidence made sense, the last line presented just made none.

- Twins have history with Emmet/Spanish Mafia.

He gazed up and watched them again; they slept so peacefully, as if nothing in their lives were powerful enough to create the nightmare he was basically experiencing right now. If it was true, all he could do was scowl and look away – he hated the possibility of it being the truth, and he hated that he was the one who had to figure it out for himself, considering they didn't have the balls to own up to it.