ꜱɪxᴛʏ - ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

𝗛e pushed his wire into his ear, sliding it into place

𝗛e pushed his wire into his ear, sliding it into place. When it was done, he grabbed the straps on the top of his bulletproof vest and pulled up, tightening it, then placed them on the Velcro, securing it. Rueben turned around and grabbed his black, long sleeve shirt; he threw it over his head and began to pull it down his abdomen when Mason walked in the room.

"Here," he spoke, tossing him his gun holsters.

He caught them mid – air and slung it around his shoulders, sliding into it like it was a jacket. Mason stood behind him and adjusted the pieces for him. He patted him on the back briefly when he was done.

"Thanks."

"Of course."

Rueben grabbed his two glock .17s and made sure the safeties were on before he slipped them into the pockets of the sheath. He grabbed the thin vest they were all wearing and threw it on, concealing the weapons from the eye. Then he followed Mason back out into the hallway where the rest of the team was gathering.

He looked around him. Jase, Franki and Blaine were standing in a semi – circle facing him, their arms crossed over their chests. Eden, Taryn, and Maverick stood by the door; Maverick seemed to be helping his cousin with her wire. Isaac and Mason stood on either side of him. Rueben let out a long exhale and closed his eyes, getting himself in the right headspace.

"I want a clean mission," he ordered, looking around the room, "If you get injured, fine, it's inevitable; you are to head back to the van where Maverick will be doing visual analysis. If you think you can fight on it, then pair up with someone and continue the mission. That being said, no one is allowed to die. These people are just low level thugs – they hardly climbed the ranks while being in the mafia. It's clear that their strong suits involve going undercover. Do not underestimate their abilities, but do not overestimate them either. If any of you die during this, I will be seriously pissed off, understood?"

Rueben was met with a nod from each member.

"—we're here for two things," he raised his fingers, "The first is vengeance. These men took advantage of the roles my family gave them and played a part in my sister's death. She will be avenged. The second is information. Do what you have to do to get it out of them. One of them is bound to know who's in charge, Matteo's whereabouts – hell, they might even spill their bigger plan with the proper torture. Don't hold back," he nodded his head in Blaine's direction, "Add to that."

He nodded and stepped up, "Backpacking off of Rueben, the most important thing tonight is teamwork. It's nearing midnight now, so visibility will be low. We want this, but we also need to make sure that we're not purposely blinding ourselves. If you're struggling, partner up – now is not the time to be shy about needing help."

Rueben nodded, "Maverick."

The blonde nerd tapped his iPad before looking up at them, "I will be in the van the entire time. I will be the eyes and ears of the mission. Each person is equipped with a wire – each one has its own radio frequency. I will be able to hear you, but you will not be able to hear each other. If you need to communicate within the group, double tap your wire to switch frequencies. However, the group frequency is less secure than the individual ones you've been given – keep that in mind and use that line for quick messages or as a last minute resource; our opponents may intercept the line. Additionally, I have heat sensors in the vans; if you find yourself in a predicament, do not hesitate to reach out. That's all."