ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ - ᴏɴᴇ

𝗠atteo hugged his knees as he sat cowered in the deepest corner of his cage

𝗠atteo hugged his knees as he sat cowered in the deepest corner of his cage. He rocked back and forth slowly, staring at the ground with no real thoughts going through his mind. It's been five months since he was placed in his cell, and every day since has been tragic. He couldn't mourn the death of Lilly properly – he had no one to talk to; he was going insane.

Not to mention, three weeks ago Enzo pulled a gun on him and pretended to play a twisted game of Russian Roulette. All because Harrison had pissed him off.

It just made the trust Enzo was trying to build between them waver. For the last couple of weeks, all he continued to mumble to him was that he didn't want to hurt him anymore and that he wanted to change and he wanted for them to attempt to be brothers, but none of his actions displayed that. It was like half of him wanted to take the rights steps in the right direction, and the other just wanted to fuck with him – to murder and continue to rampage through his life.

He was two different people.

Constantly. Always.

Like the snap of a finger.

The whiplash was growing tiresome.

The basement door opened and in walked fast steps – little thuds. He kept his head in his knees, knowing this was just some stupid prank being played on him again; not like it was the first time. A second pair of footsteps entered the room; these ones were heavier and slower.

A small dink sounded in front of him, indicating that something collided with the bars.

"Go away, Enzo."

"Hello to you too," his voice entered the space; it sounded abnormally happy.

"Can you just leave me alone for once? I can't handle you right now."

"But I brought you something."

"I don't want it."

"You sure?" he asked.

Matteo was about to respond with a yes when a loud giggle echoed off the walls, followed by a squeal. His head snapped up; tears formed in his lower lids as he took in the sight of his daughter in Enzo's arms. Her face was so beautiful – a little version of Lilly. Her cheeks were pink with color, and her auburn hair was styled up in pigtails; each hair tie had a pink bow on it. She was wearing a pair of blue overalls and a pink t – shirt. Her little feet were decorated with white sandals.

My baby girl.

"Don't—" he paused, choking up, "Don't use her to play with me. That's cruel."

Enzo just smiled, "I wasn't planning on it."

He watched with an open mouth as his brother tucked his daughter to his side tighter while he reached into his pocket and withdrew a black key. He barely registered the fact that Enzo opened his cell and stepped inside, locking the three of them in. All he could focus on was Ruby.