ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ - ꜱɪx

𝗠ason pushed through the kitchen on his crutches, heading back to the group outside as he was done with the bathroom

𝗠ason pushed through the kitchen on his crutches, heading back to the group outside as he was done with the bathroom. After Rueben and Rayne went MIA on them, they decided to mellow down, make a fire, and just hang out. Drinks were passed out and their conversation had settled.

Though, after the argument between Kai and Maverick a couple hours ago, he couldn't ignore the tension if he tried. Since then, they've both been avoiding the other, only talking to each other if there's a group conversation. He was actually happy about it, all things considered; in the past, Kai would have continued to be petty, but it seemed like he was changing to better suit his needs. He knew that he and Maverick would be working together for a while, so it was nice of him to not create unnecessary problems.

Whether he was being lowkey because of that, or because he didn't want to give Maverick another reason to see him as competition, he didn't know, but he'd like to imagine it was because of the former.

He reached the edge of the kitchen and began to turn down the hallway when he ran smack into another chest. He shook his head and backed up, meeting with the familiar eyes of Isaac. Taryn was standing behind him, but she was oddly silent.

Mason looked away, feeling unable to make eye contact with him. Ever since they had that fight about the party that occurred today, they haven't said a word to each other. It's not like he was doing it on purpose, he just hated confrontation and he had no idea how to bring up the topic.

"Sorry," he finally muttered and attempted to walk past them.

"Mason, wait," Isaac stopped him.

He raised his eyebrows and looked at the ground, still not feeling comfortable enough to turn around and face him. There was something angelic about Isaac – no matter what you were trying to hide, he could always sense what it was. Part of the reason why he was so scared to face him was because of that, and the other half was because this inevitable conversation could lead to an increased dent in their brotherhood.

"I'll be in our room in a minute," Isaac spoke, kissing Taryn, "Don't make the shower too hot."

"Yes, cuddle bug," she cooed back.

Mason snorted to himself; I can't believe they still use that cringy ass nickname.

But his smile faded as his friend walked in front of him, making it hard to avoid his face.

"Can we talk?" Isaac started.

"About what?"

"You know what."

Mason adjusted himself on his crutches, "I don't know – are you going to yell at me again?"

Isaac answered by grabbing his face and facing it up to him. He sucked in a breath, surprised to see a layer of unshed tears coat his chocolate eyes. His mouth was pulled into itself, almost as if he was trying to stop the tremble in it.