ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ - ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

𝙒hat's wrong with me?

Rayne flattered her palms on either side of the sink, staring at her reflection. Tears wet her cheeks; her mascara created faint, black lines on her skin. Her teeth were bared, but her mouth was physically shut – she breathed out through a clenched jaw. Her hair was a frivolous mess; it was slightly matted in the back from what happened only moments ago.

She stared at her body, hating everything she saw. She only grabbed her undergarments on the way in here; her bra and underwear were the only pretty things she saw. More silent tears rolled down her face as she glared at the numerous scars that decorated her stomach. Shaky hands reached for the most recent one – the last one her father would ever give her.

It was so ugly.

The scar was three inches in length and covered from the edge of her hip to right before her belly button. She ran her fingers across the entirety of it, hating the way the bumpiness felt. A month and a half ago she was decently pretty – but now? She was a monster.

Like fucking Frankenstein.

So ugly!

Rayne ripped her hand from her stomach and accidentally hit her hairbrush and the toothbrush container over in the process. They clattered loudly to the ground; shit.

She lowered herself to the floor next, crumbling into a puddle of nothingness. She wrapped her arms around her legs and hugged her knees to her chest, breathing shakily as the pain racked her head. Not even Rueben liked her anymore.

She saw the way he covered his eyes after they were done.

And she knew that he lied about finishing.

It was as clear as day now, but it's not like she had any right to feel bad about it. She breathed through her teeth more, clenching her eyes closed so hard stars started to appear. Rueben didn't have to like what he saw when she was naked and he didn't have to enjoy it so much that he finished. She practically forced him to sleep with her because she was so fucking incapable of handling her emotions by herself.

You're so stupid.

You're so pathetic.

You don't deserve him.

A knock on the bathroom door snapped her from her thoughts. Tears blurring her vision, she looked up to see Rueben peek his head in the cracks of the door. She immediately tensed and cursed herself for making so much noise. She didn't want him in here.

"Rayne, what's wrong?" he asked softly, slipping into the room.

"Get out!" she backed herself up, not bothering to hide the crack in her voice, "Don't look at me!"

But he didn't listen. He entered the bathroom and closed the door behind him, walking up to her. He crouched beside her on the ground. She turned her face away from him, unable to look at him straight anymore. Not after what she did.