ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴇɴ

𝗞ai bit on his nails as he looked out the window of the car; the only thing he was focusing on was the rhythmic feeling of his leg bouncing up and down and the sound of the rain hitting the window with a light tap

𝗞ai bit on his nails as he looked out the window of the car; the only thing he was focusing on was the rhythmic feeling of his leg bouncing up and down and the sound of the rain hitting the window with a light tap. They were on their way to the airport, and by they, he meant: himself, Mason, Kaedyn, Rayne, Rueben, Caycee, and Jase. Everyone else was taking flights elsewhere.

They were all seated in a limo, each of them having their own section. Since the car was lengthy in that way, there was no overlapping of legs and space was a luxury they had. Mason sat next to him, his fingers lightly interlocked with his own. While he'd been weird since the night of the Ball, he had no time to worry about what that may mean. All he could think about was his brother.

And that conversation he'd purposely had with Mason last night.

He knew that he knew he was awake.

"Kai," Mason then whispered, tapping him.

He turned, "Hm?"

"What's your password? I want to change the music."

He waved his phone in the air. The two of them were sharing a pair of earbuds, listening to music as the limo was dead quiet otherwise. He raised his eyebrows, confused as to why he couldn't just click the next button, but he soon realized that it was probably because the playlist had come to its end, and Spotify was now playing a random assortment of songs.

"0-7-2-1," he said, turning back to face the window.

If Mason cared about his dismissal, he surely didn't say anything about it. But, that was something he was thankful for. He did not want to explain his feelings when Kaedyn was within earshot. No. He didn't want to give his twin the impression that they had to talk about something until it was just the two of them, alone.

Kai said a silent blessing in his head as the limo rounded the gates of the private jet area fifteen minutes later. When it came to a halt, he pulled the headphone out of his ear and popped out of the car, letting Mason have control of his cellular device until he needed it again.

He ignored the rain that was coming down on his face and stood by as he waited for everyone to exit the damn vehicle. Four people later, his twin's familiar head of purple hair popped out.

He turned and looked at his partner, "Hey Mase, can you grab our stuff for us?"

"Uh – I guess?" he looked at him curiously.

"I'll explain later."

Without so much as another look in his direction, he grabbed the front of Kaedyn's shirt and tugged him around the car, leading him to the plane's steps that were beginning to lower.

"What are you doing, Kai?" he asked.

But he needed to remain silent. If he talked before they had solidarity, then everyone would get a whiff of their dirty laundry, and that was something he wanted to avoid if he could. As soon as the white steps touched the asphalt, he was climbing them, dragging his sibling by his collar behind him.