ꜱɪxᴛʏ - ᴛᴡᴏ

𝗥ayne toed the ground and silently spun back and forth in the office chair, looking at Emiko and Kaiser with a blank expression

𝗥ayne toed the ground and silently spun back and forth in the office chair, looking at Emiko and Kaiser with a blank expression. The two of them stood on the other side of the desk now. Kaiser – realizing the situation, was back to his uptight bodyguard personality. Emiko on the other hand, just rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, picking at the skin on her fingers.

"Someone better start talking," she said flatly.

"I thought you were in the—" Kaiser started.

"Shower?" she finished for him, raising an angry eyebrow, "Yeah, I was, hence the wet hair," she continued, flipping it over her shoulder, "—you're not the only one who knows how to sneak around this house, say the right things, and do the opposite of their words."

Kaiser swallowed hard, but didn't say anything else. Rayne let out a breath and leaned back in the chair, folding her hands into each other. It wasn't that she was exactly mad at them, no. She was just confused and she wanted answers. She was sick and tired of letting others walk into her life with no regard for how their actions affect others – especially hers.

She's done with the constant backstabbing.

"And you have nothing to say?" she looked lazily in Emiko's direction.

"I –," she paused, then shook her head, "No."

"Do I need to call Blake in here?—will her presence make you more comfortable?"

"No!" she answered fast, taking a step forward, "Please don't."

Rayne cocked her head to the side; there's something between them after all.

She wasn't one hundred percent sure about it, but with the reaction Emiko just gave her, her suspicions were now confirmed. That, and the fact that she seems to care for Blake's opinion.

"I need an explanation, now."

Kaiser cleared his throat, "What do you want to know?"

"You can start with why you're going through your Boss's things."

He nodded, "Well, I just wanted to get more background information on the people I'm working for. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Mr. Torres is very secretive about a lot of things. All he focuses on is making sure you're safe, but he lacks in telling me anything about you. I was going through the files in an attempt to get to know you better, since he has so many."

"And your role?" she looked at Emiko again.

"Oh – I was just here for support," she blinked three times and folded her hands within each other; Rayne narrowed her eyes, watching closely, "—and I was the lookout, but I was distracted."

"That's all?"

"Yes."

"Yes, ma'am."

Rayne let out a light chuckle, making her receive odd looks from the two idiots in front of her. She pushed out of the chair and popped open the top drawer of the desk. Her fingers wrapped around Rueben's glock .22 that he keeps in here, just in case.