ꜱɪxᴛʏ

𝗥ueben tilted back the glass bottle of his root beer, swallowing the last remaining drops as he stared out into the nighttime horizon of Madrid

𝗥ueben tilted back the glass bottle of his root beer, swallowing the last remaining drops as he stared out into the nighttime horizon of Madrid. He placed the bottle next to him, wishing that it was real beer to take the edge off, but wasn't about to risk the mission or his team for a sip of alcohol.

He kicked his legs off the side of the roof, listening to the tap of his heels on the brick building fill the silence that otherwise enveloped him. Sitting here now reminded him of his childhood; early on when Emmet would bounce back and forth between the States and Spain, he climbed to the roof of the places they stayed at and sat quietly until he was found.

Being a kid and having the title he does was a mental strain he wished on no one.

He hated that Beau was going through it, even though he was thrilled.

"Hey loser," Mason spoke, clapping his back, "What are you doing out here?"

"Moping," he replied, not bothering to hide his mood.

His brother took a seat beside him and leaned against his body; Rueben wrapped his arm around his shoulders and pulled him in, grateful for his affection. They never really did this, not that they ever really had the time to regardless.

"You miss the redhead too?" he asked quietly.

"A lot."

"Yeah, me too."

"And your UK lover?"

Mason snorted, "Him too, sure."

The two of them laughed lightly for a second before the sounds died out and they were sitting in mutual silence once more. Mason picked at his hands while Rueben rested his chin on the top of his head, still staring at the horizon.

For a while, that's how they sat. Just two brothers enjoying the silence.

"And where was my invitation?" Isaac interrupted.

Rueben looked over his shoulder at him and grinned, tapping the brick beside him. Isaac smiled and walked over, plopping down where he said to. He immediately wrapped his arm around his shoulders too and drew both of his brothers in for a hug. While Isaac technically wasn't related to them, he would always see him as family – he was practically adopted too.

"Why are we moody?"

"Just missing our people – missing home," Mason answered for the both of them.

"It's only been like two days."

"Yeah, coming from the guy who has his girlfriend here."

"Where is she, by the way?" Rueben interrupted.

"Downstairs with Blaine's squad."

He nodded. He wasn't going to say it out loud, because that would be unfair to Taryn, but he was glad that she was occupied by the other team. He just wanted some alone time with his family.