ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ

𝗠ason rested his crutches on the side of the cushioned chair he was sitting in

𝗠ason rested his crutches on the side of the cushioned chair he was sitting in. The living room was filled with the entire gang, minus Blake; she and Emiko had things they needed to talk about, so they were on the porch speaking about it before she left. Since they were all home now, she was to move out with Kaiser and their nephew. He wondered how settled they'd gotten in their departure.

Isaac sat in a chair identical to his across the room; the glass coffee table was separating them. Taryn sat in his lap, playing with his hair. Her diamond ring glittered in the lighting of the room. Mason found it easy to forget that they were engaged; they never really talked about it and they kept their relationship topics out of the air.

Rueben and Rayne took up the couch; he was sitting with his hands behind his head and his foot on the table, staring at the ceiling. She looked like she was trying to get comfortable with him – touch him or calm him or something, but he seemed disinterested.

After everything he learned yesterday, he couldn't blame him for being silent. There were only a handful of times he'd seen Rueben even remotely angry, and each time was the same. He was short and curt with his words. He kept his distance because he didn't want to displace his feelings onto the wrong person. Rayne seeing it now for the first time was probably going to hurt until he collected himself and used his words properly.

"Have you heard from the others?" Taryn asked the room.

"About what?" Mason continued the conversation.

"Just if they're doing okay. I know that Blaine, Jase, and Franki took some hits."

"Oh, yeah," Isaac nodded, "We ran into them earlier when we were getting ourselves checked out. Jase is fine, he's just going to have to keep an inhaler on him from now on, as well as work on breathing exercises. Blaine's deduction was right – he has a couple bruised ribs, but nothing horrible. And Franki has a minor concussion. All of them should be back on the Docks this week though."

"It seems like injuries were kept to a minimum then," Rayne piped up.

"Yeah, I think mine was the worst," Mason attempted to wiggle his bad ankle; it was now wrapped up with an Ace bandage and had a supportive brace as well, "—I continued to run on it after I injured it, so I did more damage to myself. Normally, sprains go away within a couple days, but I might be handicapped for a week – week and a half. I sprained a lot of my ligaments."

"Me too," Isaac raised his two bad fingers, "I look like a robot now."

It turns out he did break them when he was rolling down the stairs. It had been funny when he filled them in on it though; the adrenaline from the situation kept the pain from being too bad, but the minute they climbed the plane, he was shoving the bottle of Ibuprofen down his throat. Now, he was wearing two metal splints.

"Did anything else happen?" Rayne inquired.

"Not really," Taryn shrugged, "The injuries were the worst part. When it came to the group of guys we were working on, none of them spoke; their deaths were kind of pointless. Though, I have to admit, it was epic seeing Eden in action. She's crazy."