ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ - ꜰɪᴠᴇ

𝗛e bounced his leg up and down and kept his eyes glued to the front windshield, watching as the world passed by in the blink of an eye

𝗛e bounced his leg up and down and kept his eyes glued to the front windshield, watching as the world passed by in the blink of an eye. He rested his pointer and middle fingers against his temple as he leaned his elbow on the edge of the car door; his opposite hand was flicking the safety of his gun on and off in rhythm with his leg.

Rayne was driving silently next to him; he sucked in a breath as she turned down the last road – it was made of gravel and was an extension of the main street, but could only be seen if you were looking for it. His eyes flashed to her face for a second. She looked so concentrated, but other than that, her expressions weren't giving him much to work with, per usual.

If he was being honest, having her tag along with him was probably one of the worst decisions he's ever made. And not just because he didn't want her to see who he became when he was in the zone, but because of the people she would see once they went inside. The members were less like himself and his brothers, and more like Nico and his entourage.

He continued to play with the safety on his firearm as Rayne rolled the car to a stop and placed it in park. He really didn't want to do this. He didn't want her to go inside with him, but even if he said for her to stay put, he knew she wasn't going to listen. Realistically, she had every right to see all sides of him and to experience each piece of his life, considering they were in a relationship, but his fears were taking over momentarily.

Not only that, but the people he had to kill was not an easy task either.

He flipped the safety again.

On.

Off.

On.

Off.

On—

"Rueben!" Rayne's hand came down on top of his gun, stopping his motions.

He turned slowly to face her, realizing that his absentminded movements were probably making her anxiousness worse. He didn't even ask her how she felt about being here with him right now.

Wow.

I'm boyfriend of the fucking year.

"Sorry," he finally mumbled.

She leaned back in her seat, "Can you give me some more explanation now?"

"There's two people inside the main American warehouse of the mafia that have been leaking information to the other side. When I was in Spain, I was captured by three former members and their taunting is how I found out about my family, but also about them," he sighed, "I could be wrong about this, but my gut is telling me I'm not. Those assholes wanted to hurt me, and they knew exactly how. Considering they were in the mafia for a long time, they could have listed off any names of any members to sell their case, but they didn't. They spoke these two by name."