ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ - ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝗕lake pulled her shirt over her bathing suit, covering herself to get ready for dinner

𝗕lake pulled her shirt over her bathing suit, covering herself to get ready for dinner. She tucked her hair behind her ears and gazed in the mirror. Her hands automatically went to her stomach; she rubbed over the bump, feeling her heart swell.

There were a lot of things that occurred in her life that made her doubt her purpose, but having this little bean growing inside of her was the best thing that could have happened. It's life set her on the right track for what she wanted to do. Before it, she had felt so lost – like she was going nowhere and like she was going to be living in her ex – boyfriend's house, miserable for the rest of her days.

Now that her reality was this child, she was never happier. And she couldn't be more grateful that the father was Mason. He was such a sweet soul – he would make the most amazing dad.

If it's a girl, she'll be his little princess.

And if it's a boy – he'll be a mini Mason.

There's no way for them to lose. Everything was perfect.

"Hey," Emiko said behind her.

"Hi," she answered, turning around, and dropping her hands.

Her friend pulled her blonde hair over to one shoulder and sat down on her bed. She crossed her leg over the other and leaned back on her palms, gazing at her with her cinnamon flavored eyes. She was wearing a white shirt and a pair of jean shorts, but she could still see the black outline of her one piece through her clothing.

"I have a question."

"What's up?"

"Is anyone else coming to dinner with us?"

Blake nodded, "I'm pretty sure Kai, Mason, and Kaedyn are."

"Okay ... that's good."

She walked over to her with an eyebrow raised in confusion. The way she had just said that made her believe that she didn't want to go out with just Blake. She stopped an inch away from the edge of the bed and looked at her friend.

"Would there be something wrong if just the two of us went?"

"Huh? – no."

But again, there was a small hesitation in her voice.

"Tell me the truth."

Emiko let out an aggravated sigh, but spoke anyway, "I just don't want to cause more problems for you with that girl you're dating. I don't want to be in the middle of something like that – it makes me feel cheap ... overused..." the rest of her thoughts faded with her voice.

Blake dropped her attitude and stepped to the side, sitting down next to her. Emiko was a very honest woman, and if she chose not to say exactly what she was thinking, she would always pick certain words to explain. The person listening just needed to pay attention.