ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ - ꜰᴏᴜʀ

𝗘nzo tied the knot tightly, securing the blindfold on Matteo's face

𝗘nzo tied the knot tightly, securing the blindfold on Matteo's face. He was kneeling in front of him, his back to him; his hands were cuffed as well. Nico and Demetri stood beside him, ready to help with the transportation that they had planned for today.

He had finally convinced the bosses to give him complete and total power of Matteo; since he was already in the States, there was no point in keeping him at the place where he was barely at. With Ruby in tow, he couldn't get away fast. Right now, Tomás was watching her at the cabin where they will soon be meeting up.

Enzo motioned with his hands for Nico and Demetri to pick him up and they shuttled around the cage, doing it. He walked out of the cage and held the door open as his two guards guided his prisoner out. Matteo wasn't putting up any fight. He was just silently going along with what he was ordering.

"Bring him to my car," he said flatly, pulling his phone out.

He followed the three of them up the two flights of stairs that led from the basement to the first floor. While doing that, he checked the security cameras set up at the cabin; Tomás was sitting in the den with Ruby, criss – cross, making funny faces at her. Ruby was eating it up because the smile on her face was almost as wide as when he played with her.

A shadow of a grin crossed his face as he stepped outside the door and into the early evening air. He gazed at the luminous building that was growing distant behind him with each step in the opposite direction. It had done its part, but now it was useless. Matteo no longer persisted as a threat the more freedom they gave him – with his daughter as well as other things. Since the dumbass mafia believes that he's still somewhere in Spain, it was time they moved on from this abandoned sack of shit.

Demetri clicked open the back seat, about to place Matteo in it, when Enzo stopped him.

"No – put him in the trunk."

"Seriously?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?" his voice was flat.

His two underlings said nothing more before they shut the door and popped open the trunk of his white Cadillac. Enzo grabbed his sunglasses off his head and placed them on the bridge of his nose, sliding into the front seat. He started the car, but kept the door ajar, having more words to say.

It wasn't his first idea to place Matteo in the trunk, but after a series of thoughts, it was the best option. There was the fact that he didn't need a bunch of morons on the highway looking into the window and seeing a bound man on their two hour drive; that would just cause unnecessary problems. The second reason was simple – he wanted to make sure that everyone other than himself believed that he was still hurting his brother in the way he agreed to do when he captured him all those years ago. For him, and for Matteo, that wasn't the case anymore.

It was likely the reason why he put up no fight climbing the stairs. As far as the idiots on his team thought, he was just scared of the repercussions. They've been dealt their fair share of his rage in the past – and they'd be stupid to ever question him.