ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ

𝗘mmet blew smoke out of his freshly lit cigarette as he handed him the lighter; he took it and cupped his hands, lighting his own before passing it down to Maverick

𝗘mmet blew smoke out of his freshly lit cigarette as he handed him the lighter; he took it and cupped his hands, lighting his own before passing it down to Maverick. The two of them had joined Emmet at his home office today for a recon meeting. Turns out the mission to Spain needed to be bumped up a couple of days – and by a couple of days, he means they need to leave today.

Jase, Franki and Eden were back at the house they rented not too far away from Rueben's house getting ready for the mission. His sister was taking care of his luggage for him and Jase for Maverick. Normally during meetings like this, he would have Franki beside him, considering she was his second – in – command, but for some reason, she didn't want to come today. Maverick was the next best option. Jase would act like a fool and with Eden's speech problems, the flow of conversation would easily be halted.

He exhaled a cloud of smoke as he looked at Maverick. Although he was just their technology guy and he didn't actually enter the battle arena with them, he was a valued part of the team. Without him, they would have died ten times over due to a lack of judgment calls. His green – blonde hair shook as he withdrew his own cigarette. If there was one thing he was thankful for, it was his professionalism.

And that damn IQ.

"So," Emmet started, "We've finally located the men that were assigned to Lilianna's guard. They're hiding out in a warehouse in the dead parts of Madrid."

"Is that why we are leaving sooner than planned?"

"Yes. I'm afraid if we don't act now, we'll lose them again," his eyebrow twitched, "It's been three long years since my daughter was captured by them and they betrayed us. It's time that we collect their debt."

"Will Rueben's team still be joining us?" Maverick spoke beside him.

"Yes, in fact, if this all goes well, your teams will group as one permanently."

Blaine nodded, recalling his son's words from a couple days ago. He already believed that they were a good team and that their skills could be useful. He knew the mission would go well, but if for some reason it didn't, he was sure that Rueben would still want them by his side.

"Are they meeting us at the airport then?" he inquired.

"No, they are unaware of the changes."

"Sir what—?"

Emmet turned to them, "You are to go to Rueben's house and notify them of the changes. It would be better for them to hear it from you. You need to start getting used to relaying messages through each other. I'm sure all of them are awake right now."

"Of course, sir," he nodded.

"I was told that you were attending the mission with us," Maverick added.

"I was, but because of the move up, I no longer can. I have things I need to do here. There will be many incoming shipments while you're gone, which this new timeline screws up. I don't trust anyone else to run the Docks well enough other than your team, so I will be there training my youngest son."