ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ - ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

"𝗞aedyn, this is stupid," he muttered, holding up the separate ends of his black tie

His brother turned around, dressed up in a casual suit; black pants and a black shirt – he was not wearing a tie though, and the top buttons of his shirt were undone, showing off his love for golden chains. The earrings that Mason had bought him dangled from his ears as he laughed and crossed the space between them, standing in front of him.

"It is not," he chuckled, tying his tie for him.

Kai tilted his chin in the air as he let him get to work. With his eyes trained on the ceiling, he let his thoughts roll over to the future events of the evening. Apparently, Kaedyn was dragging him out to the center of town to celebrate their birthday at a fancy restaurant. He honestly had no desire to go at all – he just wanted to stay home and watch television. His birthday had never been anything special to him. Like ever.

All he wanted was to lay cuddled in the bed with Mason – but that wasn't an option either, because he hadn't seen him since their rendezvous earlier this afternoon. Either he was hiding from him because he was still sad he didn't get him anything – even though I told him not to – or for some other reason that he had yet to figure out; it annoyed him. Little by little, he's been admitting his feelings in hidden words, but Mason was playing dumb, and not picking up on it.

He just wanted to spend his evening with him. In bed. Sleeping. Or not sleeping. He didn't care. He just wanted to be by his side.

"There," Kaedyn said, patting his tie down.

Kai scowled and looked in the mirror, "Why do I have to wear one, and you don't?"

"Because mine is going around your eyes."

He spun and raised an eyebrow at him, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Blindfold," he teased the item in the air.

"Fuck that."

"Mhm," Kaedyn waved him off and started to walk out of the room, "Meet me downstairs in five."

Kai opened his mouth to say something snarky, but decided against it and let him leave without casting a single insult. He stared back into the mirror, taking in his outfit. Black slacks. White button – up shirt. Black tie. He felt like he was going to a goddamn formal, but this, unfortunately, was the attire for expensive restaurants in foreign places.

He buttoned up the two pieces of his sleeves as he rolled them up, resting them just below his elbow. If he was going to wear something so stupid, he was going to be comfortable doing it.

He turned and sauntered out of the room, looking at his watch as he did it. He took six minutes on purpose – just to annoy his twin. His twin that was going out of his way to make him have a good day – he couldn't be dishonest; it was really generous of him.