ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ꜱɪx

𝗛e inhaled and exhaled quickly as he stared at himself in the reflection of the floor length mirror

𝗛e inhaled and exhaled quickly as he stared at himself in the reflection of the floor length mirror. He was standing inside of a beach hut; the warm air was wrapping around him, sending shivers up and down the back of his neck and the sides of his face. He ran his hands across the flatness of his hair, having just had a shaping haircut for this event.

Mason stood next to him, not obstructing his vision, as he worked on sticking the flower to the front pocket of his suit jacket. It was a black one, perfectly normal wedding attire, but he still felt underdressed and as if his wife – to – be, deserved more than this.

"There," his best friend rose, "All set."

"Thank you," he answered without looking at him.

Isaac cleared his throat and continued to stare at himself. He reached for his tie with one hand, adjusting it by pulling on it; he needed it to be a little less tight. Just the thought of what he was about to do was constricting his breathing.

"How are you feeling?" Mason asked, grabbing his shoulder.

"Nervous."

"Don't be – this is your girl."

"I know," he sighed, "I know. I just want everything to be perfect."

Mason grabbed his face, forcing him to look at him, "And it will be."

Isaac nodded in his palms, closing his eyes, and breathed out of his mouth. Mason moved his hands to his back, embracing him entirely as he continued to count down the seconds until he was to walk outside, down the row, and wait for the most beautiful woman to accompany him. He counted down the seconds until she agreed to be his forever; to share her life alongside him.

"Wow, where was my invitation?" Rueben's voice came from the side.

He opened his eyes and smiled, basking in the look of pride and happiness he shot in his direction. He was wearing a black suit as well, but unlike him, his tie was a baby pink – it matched that of the bridesmaid's dresses. The color made his tan skin pop out and his white hair illuminate.

"—I know I'm not the Best Man, but damn," he playfully shook his head, "Where's my brotherly love?"

Mason pulled back and opened his arms to him. Isaac nodded his head to the side, beckoning him to come over and join him. He did, and he realized as he was pulled into a hug between the people who have kept him grounded – one, since he was in diapers, and the other since high school – how much he needed them, and how much he loved the support they were giving to him.

He extended a hand to both of their backs, keeping it there even as they pulled out.

"Thank you, guys," he beamed at them.

"For what?"

"For always being here for me," he laughed nervously, "I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for you, and I sure as hell wouldn't be the man I am."