ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ - ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

𝗠ason popped a block of cheese in his mouth and bounced the heels of his dress shoes off the bars of the gazebo

𝗠ason popped a block of cheese in his mouth and bounced the heels of his dress shoes off the bars of the gazebo. He was sitting on one of the railings and leaning against one of the support beams, staring off into the grass of the backyard where most of his childhood memories blossomed.

He sighed heavily as he remembered the way he and Lilliana would come out here with headphones and laptops and blankets and just watch the reruns of Glee and other cheesy shows with a cringy high school storyline for hours. He remembered how she laughed over the smallest things and how she was the sister he never asked for, but always needed.

There were moments out here that he cherished with her that he never did with anyone else – not even Isaac. No one ever knew it, because she was amazing at keeping secrets, but she was the first person he ever came out to. Seventeen years old, looking at his sixteen year old sister. She'd just confessed to him how in love she was with Matteo Miller – Rueben's right hand, and so he thought she should have something secret of his to keep as well.

Little did he know, that day would have been one of the last times he would see her. The last time he would laugh with her and be with her. One of the last times he would ever get to turn to her when things were dark. Much like himself, Lilly often ran from her feelings.

It made them the perfect duo. With her, he could be himself.

But now she was gone.

"Hey," a voice behind him startled him.

He looked over his shoulder and watched as Kai walked over to him. His hands were deep in his pockets, but he looked so beautiful in his all black suit. His blue hair was messy and undone, like always, but seemed fitting for the place they were at.

"Are you okay?" he asked when he didn't respond.

"Fine."

Kai raised an eyebrow, but he just turned back towards the field and rested his head against the post of the gazebo again. He listened to his footsteps, and for a moment, he thought he might have left him here without another question, but when he reappeared in front of the structure, he let out a breath.

Because the building was low to the ground, and Kai was six foot four, he easily stood between his legs and looked up at him. Mason, seeing him like this, couldn't hold it back anymore. There was one thing about his blue prince, and that was that he could read him like a fucking diary.

Mason's mouth trembled first, and then he lifted his hands and covered his eyes. His body started to shake with sobs as Kai began to rub his back. Just his touch comforted him – it made him want to peek out from behind the blinds; for the first time, he wasn't ashamed of feeling his feelings.

"Talk to me, Mase."

"I miss them," he cried, rubbing his eyes, "I miss my stepmom – I miss the time we wasted. And I miss my sister. I miss my sister so much and I never told anyone because ... because ... I don't know! But it's not like she's my biological sibling. I knew her for two years – everyone else, much longer, and I—"