ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ - ꜰɪᴠᴇ

𝗞ai rested against the painted wall of downtown Los Angeles, letting the warm sun beat down on his face

𝗞ai rested against the painted wall of downtown Los Angeles, letting the warm sun beat down on his face. The breeze felt nice in his hair and helped keep his body temperature down.

The last two weeks have been miserable, to say the least. Kaedyn has been the most annoying person to live with – he had forgotten how much so during his five year absence. Not to mention, he was missing his black haired companion more than he wanted to. He was literally all he was thinking about. It was pathetic how he didn't even want to look at another bloke.

Mason is all I want.

Their separation wasn't done without effort on his part. He texted and texted and said sorry more times than he could count, but Mason never gave him the time of day – he never responded.

Not that I can blame him.

He had been ridiculously stupid – ruining something that had potential because of his own mediocre feelings. Ever since Kaedyn left and Riley died, he let his abandonment issues control his life. He knew it was a problem, but it wasn't like he could snap out of his mentality just because one guy piqued his interest for longer than a quick fuck.

"Are you sure you don't want one!?" Kaedyn called at him suddenly, breaking his thoughts.

Kai peeked one eye open and stared at his idiot twin. He had his wallet open, handing cash over to the hotdog vendor that worked this street. He looked like a goddamn moron; his stupid purple hair made him stick out of the crowd like a sore thumb.

He'd call him ugly, but he'd just be calling himself ugly, considering they share a face.

Kai shook his head, closing his eye again as Kaedyn shrugged and faced the worker. He silently twisted the ring on his middle finger as he contemplated what the hell he was doing with his life.

After the first meeting with the contract holders two weeks ago ended in a bloody massacre, he thought for sure that Kaedyn would drop the idea of working with them specifically because they were already killing each other. Alas, he did not share the same ideals as his brother, twins or not; Kaedyn still wanted to work with them, and so, he signed the contract.

The orders were simple enough, so it wasn't like his signature was really binding. All they wanted them to do was take down this one place – a shipment center up in Portland that was owned by a low leveled business. He checked it out, and sure enough, they weren't lying. There were five important guards that worked it; they were the main part of the operation.

So, following his idiot brother – he signed it too.

As much as he pretended he hated him, he would foolishly follow him anywhere.

It was a twin thing.

"Kai look!" Kaedyn exclaimed.

God, kill me.