ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ - ꜰɪᴠᴇ

𝗦he put her car in park and hopped out; Kaiser followed her back home in his car and was already by her side by the time she grabbed her suitcase from the passenger's side

𝗦he put her car in park and hopped out; Kaiser followed her back home in his car and was already by her side by the time she grabbed her suitcase from the passenger's side. It was weird getting used to another person constantly being near you and paying attention to you, but it was also nice to know that she wasn't the only one watching her back now.

She gave him a gentle smile, "When is your family getting here?"

Kaiser glanced at his watch, "Any second now."

"What are their names?"

"Emiko and Tripp."

"Those are unique," she began to walk to the door, "I like them."

For the first time ever, a small grin grew on his stoic face, "Thank you."

On cue, another car began to pull up the long dirt driveway. It was a silver Honda Accord; it looked to be a newer model. The driver parked the car right next to Kaiser's – probably recognizing it as his. Rayne decided she was going to meet the new people she'd be sharing the house with for a couple of days and waited beside her bodyguard.

The woman driving – who was probably Emiko – popped out of the car. Rayne did her best to keep her jaw shut as the beauty of this woman was remarkable. She wasn't like the normal pretty nowadays – women flooded with makeup and photoshop, no. She was just naturally beautiful. Long, straight blonde hair hung down her head, creating a curtain that shielded her caramel, brown eyes. Based on how she stood near the car, she wasn't that much taller than herself, but the intimidation that radiated off of her was brilliant.

"Your sister is gorgeous," she breathed, keeping her voice low so that only Kaiser could hear.

"She is."

"Guess you didn't inherit those genes," she playfully elbowed his side.

Kaiser kept that smile on his face, "I suppose not."

Rayne let out a snort and turned her face back to the car. He was full of shit and they both knew it. He was a gorgeous man with that head of brown hair and bright blue eyes. Any woman would swoon for him, as she was sure they have in the past.

Emiko bowed into the car for a second and when she returned, there was a little boy in her arms. He had a head of tight, black curls; the making of a small afro. His skin was the color of toffee – based on his family, it was probably true that he was biracial. However, when he turned his little head in her direction, another silent gasp emitted in her head. His eyes were a brilliant green which was a rare trait on people of color. It was absolutely captivating.

"Hey," she said softly once Emiko stood in front of her, "I'm Rayne."

"Emiko," her voice was soft like a gentle waterfall, "It's nice to meet you."

"This is Tripp?"

"Yes. His real name is Tau, but we call him Tripp – he likes it more."

Rayne reached out and touched his hand; he instantly wrapped his little fingers around the base of her finger. A grin grew on her face as she swooned in the face of innocence and adoration. The yearning for a little person running around suddenly weighed on her heart.