ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ - ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

𝗛e lifted his wrist and stared at his watch; he looked at the second largest hand as it ticked at a steady pace with the seconds that passed and let out a heavy sigh

𝗛e lifted his wrist and stared at his watch; he looked at the second largest hand as it ticked at a steady pace with the seconds that passed and let out a heavy sigh. It'd been thirty minutes since Kai and Mason disappeared to do whatever was so goddamn important, it couldn't wait until they were home. He was bored out of his goddamn mind – and that was saying something, considering he was literally at a gay club.

Kaedyn raised his head and looked around the room. The two chicks he'd picked up alongside Mason had left already, so it's not like he had easy prey anymore. If he wanted to get with another woman, he'd have to work for it. Of course, good for them – they should never let a man use them as a doormat, but jeez, he needed to get laid.

As for the men here, they were all sorely lacking. Half of them had already buddied up for their meaningless hookups, while the others swayed around the dance floor in search of someone decent. But that was the problem; all men, straight, gay, or bi – they shared one simple trait. If no one is approaching them, or the night has changed from young to old, and they're still searching for someone to warm their bed, it's a them problem. They were likely weirdos.

He had no time for that.

Kaedyn bit on the stem of a cherry as he rotated his finger around the rim of his cup. His favorite party trick with others was to tie a knot in the stem. Everyone said it was some myth about being a good kisser, but if everyone would just be honest with themselves, they'd understand that it's to show off. It's not an easy task, so showing it to someone you want automatically makes them interested in you.

One way or another.

His eyes flickered up to the bathroom across the way; there was a line of men now stationed outside of it, and if he didn't know any better, he'd think they were upset about something. He snorted and watched the lights change the color of his alcohol in a soft pattern. He knew that's where Mason and Kai ended up and he knew exactly what they were doing.

Fucking bunnies.

They'd been on a break from that shit since the first time, which he was thankful for, based on the amount of time that Mason's been spending at his brother's flat, but after tonight, he could kiss his damn sleep goodbye.

Kai's headboard was loud.

The song in the club transitioned; he knew this one – She Can Get It by Kevin Rudolf. As he started to tip his head back and forth to the beat, a blurry silhouette appeared in the reflection of his alcohol, bringing his attention back to his surroundings. He turned around at the same time her hand found his shoulder; her slender fingers snaked up the length as a smile pulled on his lips.

"Someone as handsome as you shouldn't be sitting alone," she played.

"Then do me the honor of joining me," he returned.

A grin spread across her full lips – lips that were smeared with the sexiest shade of red. Her hair was hanging down her shoulders in bouncy waves; even in the light, he could see it was a light brown with a lime green ombre on the ends. It was new – different, and he liked it. It made her character more interesting; he found himself enjoying the sliver of attention he gave her all too much, and he didn't even know her name yet.