ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ - ᴛᴡᴏ

𝗥ueben kissed the side of Rayne's head, stealing her suitcase from her as she climbed up the stairs of the plane

𝗥ueben kissed the side of Rayne's head, stealing her suitcase from her as she climbed up the stairs of the plane. She sighed and rolled her eyes, hating that her independence was being stolen, but did not protest verbally. He smiled back at her, following silently.

The last two days have come and gone like a breath of oxygen. Easy. Fast. It seemed like everyone was just excited about the wedding, as well as getting out of Los Angeles for a while. Mason and Isaac had beaten them to the plane, so they were already situated inside, putting their suitcases in the cargo hold.

"Rueben, come to the bedroom with us for a second," Isaac spoke after he placed his luggage in.

"What for?"

"To talk about some plans."

He turned and looked at Rayne, who was already slumped in one of the seats, face deep in her phone. Shrugging, knowing she was comfortable, he turned and followed his brothers into the bedroom cabin at the back of the plane. Mason threw himself across the mattress, stretching out horizontally and stealing a pillow; he tucked it under his head. Isaac sat near him, while Rueben sat on the edge.

"So, what's up?" he asked.

"Well, we were going over the plans for the trip," Isaac began, leaning back against the headboard, "—and we realized that there's not going to be much to do until the wedding on Saturday."

"What do you mean?"

"He means they didn't think it through," Mason spoke into the pillow.

"Shut up," Isaac shoved him gently, "That's not true."

Rueben yawned and nodded, understanding that there were some gaps in the vacation that needed to be filled. Thinking about it, since today was Tuesday, and the flight was around thirteen hours, they wouldn't arrive in Ibiza until nine a.m. on Wednesday. Assuming that everyone will either be jet lagged or sleep deprived from the lack of comfortable sleeping areas on this thing, the first day should be a rest day.

"Why don't we let Wednesday just be a day for anyone to do what they want? Separately?"

"Works for me," Mason agreed, "I have something I wanted to do that day anyway."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"

He looked up from his pillow and smiled, "Birthday plans. Or I should say birthdays, plural."

Rueben nodded as Isaac rolled his eyes. While he, himself, thought that his relationship with Kai was nice enough, and he liked the way he was being treated (from what he's seen), Isaac seemed to hold an opposite standard. Maybe he just didn't know enough about them to have a solid opinion, but the reason probably had more to do with Isaac's insufferable tendency to hold grudges.

"Okay – then what about Thursday?"

"Maybe we can all go out to dinner together?" Rueben suggested.

"Lame," Mason mumbled, "We can do that in LA any day."