ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ - ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

"𝗔re you going to tell me who that is now?" Rayne asked, ducking under his arm

Rueben shook his head, "You should be focusing on the match."

He stood on one side of the boxing ring, bouncing on his toes as she sparred against Rayne. She was interested in who the guy across the room was – and while he wasn't intentionally trying to keep secrets from her, he just needed a moment to step out of reality. He didn't know why he would show up, but after seeing how his father interacted with him, it was clear he was invited.

He has no right to be here.

"Two days into a relationship and you're already struggling to talk to me."

He gazed lazily at her, "That's not the case; just focus – I'll tell you later."

Rayne frowned at him but ultimately didn't say another word; he knew that he'd hear about it later and honestly, that was fine. Right now – he just needed to think about something else.

He took a couple fast steps in her direction, reaching his hand out to grab her wrist. When their skins connected, he wrapped his fingers around it and pulled her toward him. At the last second, he moved out of the way and flung her across the ring. Rayne back peddled into the red strands, falling down once she hit them.

A deadly sneer grew on her face as she used the back of her forearm to wipe the sweat forming on her face. She pushed off the ground and regained her footing.

That's right, love.

Get angry.

Rayne closed the gap between them again; they spun in circles around each other. He was looking at her face, but she was looking lower – at his hips. It was obvious that she had been taught to watch them as they gave away the first move, but that wasn't always the case. He had a longer arm span than Mason – and probably more than her future opponents.

Deep in thought, he hadn't realized she was planning her next move. She dove in his direction, placing her right foot on his left one; she palmed his chest with both hands and shoved him back, making him stumble. She raised her left leg and slammed her shin into the soft area between the knee and thigh. The move itself would have been pointless if it hadn't been for her body weight holding his foot down.

Rueben stumbled backward; Rayne pulled her foot off him and used that to her advantage. She switched feet fast and threw her body into a spin, giving her the space to use her right shin against him. She drove it into the back of his knees, forcing him to fall forward.

He caught himself on his hands as she wasted no time. With him on all fours now, she slid underneath him; he intended to trap her inside, but she was too quick. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled his head down while at the same time pushing off the ground with her legs. In a second, she had his back slammed to the ring's floor; she was now on top of him.