ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ - ꜰᴏᴜʀ

𝗛e pulled his mint gum over his tongue and snapped a bubble as he stood with his arms folded across his chest, inspecting the map in front of him

𝗛e pulled his mint gum over his tongue and snapped a bubble as he stood with his arms folded across his chest, inspecting the map in front of him. Kai stood to his right like a zombie; he had grown so ill – minded ever since Mason denied getting back with him. It was worrisome, they only got together for like two months.

He didn't even act like this towards Riley.

Still, he kept his focus on the map and his ears in check, making sure the numerous bad guys surrounding them wouldn't pull anything. The one in charge – Enzo – sat in a chair off to the far right; he seemed vaguely interested in anything they were talking about. The one called Harrison had done all the explanations so far.

"So when is this happening?" Kai spoke next to him.

Kaedyn's eyebrow rose at his voice, but he kept his mouth shut. His brother had been so disinterested in this entire arraignment, and he had made that known. At home, all he would do was complain, and here, he wouldn't voice any of his opinions.

Of course, he had a point to everything he was saying. It wasn't like Kai was stupid – no, he was far from it. His complaints came from a place of concern; the people they were working with were sketchy. Their plans were hardly glued together.

Regardless, they signed a contract and now they had a part to play.

"In a month or so," Enzo sighed, finally joining the discussion.

"Why so long?"

"We have a couple of things we need to do first."

"Like what?"

"Nothing that we need you for."

Kai rolled his eyes, "Then why are we here now?"

"We'd rather have you know what's happening in the future, than last minute."

"What are you doing that's more important than taking down this dock?" Kaedyn interjected, turning around to face him, "I mean, interrupting the flow of this place and targeting the five guards that run it is the biggest part of the contract, so what could be more important?—especially because you don't need us for it?"

Enzo opened his mouth to reply when the swinging doors to the meeting room flew open and in ran a little girl. Her red hair was about shoulder length and was thin. She looked to be about two. He got a quick glance of her eyes – they were green – as she ran up to Kai.

She tugged on the front of his pants, "What name?" 

His brother scowled down at her, then looked at Enzo, "Why is this thing here?"

"She's not supposed to be," he replied; his voice was flat, but also angry.

Kaedyn bent down to face the girl as three more men walked quickly into the room. One of them had a smile on his face, but the other two looked stricken.