ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ - ɴɪɴᴇ

"𝗞aiser, you don't need to walk me to the bathroom every time," Rayne rolled her eyes, "Especially not in the house I live in

"𝗞aiser, you don't need to walk me to the bathroom every time," Rayne rolled her eyes, "Especially not in the house I live in."

"I am just following Mr. Torres's orders, Miss Miller."

She scoffed and opened the bathroom door, slipping inside, "And who's going to attack me here? The Ghost of Christmas Past?"

He fought to keep a straight look on his face. He found early on in his job that working with her was going to be difficult. She had an attitude, but rather than it coming off as rude, it was just plain sarcasm. Most of the time, he wanted to laugh out loud at one of her snide comments; it's why he normally worked for boring, old, white men. No desire to slip up there.

"I am not sure, Ma'am," he spoke solidly, "You will have to ask Mr. Torres."

"That I will," she rolled her eyes.

He gave her a brief nod, unsure how else to answer.

Rayne entered the bathroom further and began to slip off her heels. He cleared his throat, looking away from her as he flattened his back against the wall and crossed his hands over each other. In comparison to his usual clientele, however, she was a breath of fresh air. She treated him just like any other human: even today at lunch she offered to buy him a sandwich – okay, no. She forced me to accept and then practically shoved it down my throat, but what's the difference?

It was small things like that that made him grateful for this job. Grateful for the fact that Emiko slammed both her and Rueben in his face as their next lead. When it comes to people who are in the media, it's not a surprise to find them to be shallow and simple – minded, but neither Rayne, nor Rueben, were anything of the sort. They were both just kind people – too kind to be receiving the backlash they do from the paparazzi – especially lately.

All of them were so interested in the relationship between them. He considered it smart that only a select number of people knew of the love they shared. No matter what you tell the world, someone is always bound to be unhappy with their choices – even if it's not their life to be lived.

"Kaiser?" Rayne interrupted his thoughts.

He looked down and to the side and was met with a scowl.

"Yes, Miss Miller?"

"Why are you still standing here?"

He coughed, "What do you mean?"

"I mean this is unnecessary," she waved her hand in the air, "Go relax; spend time with your sister and your nephew. There's no point in you waiting for me to shower."

"I'm just doing my job, Miss Miller."

"Well, I am relieving you of your duties."

"I appreciate the gesture," he gave her a small smile, "But I cannot."