ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

"𝗢kay big guy," he grabbed one of Kai's limp arms and threw it around his neck

They had just gotten back from the masquerade ball and he had drunk three drinks too much. He was so far past his limit, it was shocking. He never overdrank like this – called it a waste of time and memory. But now, here they were, at the bottom of the stairs, needing to climb them.

Mason had attempted to pick him up, but he was much heavier than he anticipated, and that did not work out well at all. He would go to Kaedyn for help, but it seems like the two of them decided to drink to oblivion together, and Caycee was currently fighting to get his ass out of the car.

"C'mon Kai," he breathed, "Work with me. Walk."

"Tired," he mumbled, his eyes barely open.

"I know, but we have to get upstairs."

"Mm," he leaned on him.

Mason, not expecting the extra weight, stumbled to the side, and almost ended up going over the side. Granted, they only made it up five steps, but that was still terrifying. He adjusted his feet and the arm that was around his neck and pushed on.

Ten minutes later, they were finally on the third floor platform, on their way to their bedroom. He grabbed the knob, checking to make sure that Kai was still awake; he twisted the knob and pushed it open, allowing them both to slip in.

As soon as he closed the door, it was like Kai had finally regained muscle control – or at least some – because he pulled off him and bolted towards the bathroom door. His run was so crooked, it was kind of adorable, but he was snapped out of those thoughts as he realized what he was doing.

He followed closely and opened the lid on the toilet at the same moment he couldn't hold it back anymore. With both of his arms on the edge now, Kai stuck his face into the porcelain throne and proceeded to vomit up all of the alcohol he had consumed. Mason leaned over and grabbed his tie, tucking it into his suit before he crouched down and rubbed his back.

"It's okay," he cooed, "Let it all out, babe."

Kai unsteadily pushed his hand into his chest, "Go ... away ... it's ... gross."

"It's fine," he half smiled, "I'm here for you."

"S – sorry," he cried, tears falling down his cheeks as he continued to vomit.

Mason got closer and ran his hands through the back of his hair with his other hand, keeping a steady pace on his back too. He remembered that Kaedyn said he tends to have a panic attack when he throws up, so he definitely wasn't going to leave his side, no matter how many times he weakly tried to push him away.

"It's okay," he repeated, "You'll feel better soon."

And he was right. Seven or so minutes after it first started, and three toilet flushes later, the spasms seemed to stop. Mason grabbed some toilet paper and tilted Kai's head back, wiping his mouth for him. Kai frowned and tried to pull away, but wasn't letting him. When he was drunk and sick, it was much easier to get him to listen, as there was no fight in his muscles.