ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ - ɴɪɴᴇ

𝗠ason crushed his second cigarette under his shoe aggressively, letting out his anger

𝗠ason crushed his second cigarette under his shoe aggressively, letting out his anger. He turned away from the front door of the Warehouse and began the pacing he was doing a moment ago.

Where does he get the right?

Who does he think he is??

"Give me another one," he growled, looking at Isaac and extending a hand.

He rolled his eyes at him but opened up the pack of Marlboro lights and gave him what he wanted. Mason pulled his lighter from his pocket and cupped his hands around the cancer stick, lighting it. He drew in a quick breath, removing it from his lips as he let the cloud of smoke exit his lungs.

He didn't even know why he was smoking – he hated it. Something about Nathan just drew out his worst traits – his worst vices. He had only known the dude for a year before Rueben dumped his ass and he made that year hell. He was going on about hard work – this and that, a bunch of utter bullshit if you asked him.

Yet, after all this time – he still knew every button of his to push.

All he had to do was bring up his father.

Snooping bastard.

The only reason he had any idea of his past was because he snuck around the Torres Estate when Rueben was busy distracting him with video games the day he was brought there and he overheard Emmet talking about it. Ever since his first day, Nathan has made it a game to fuck with his emotions and his head. Not to mention the fact that he reeked of homophobia – even though he was Rueben's bitchy bottom.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Isaac asked after another couple silent minutes.

"Not really."

"You can't keep it bottled up."

He turned fast, "What do you want me to say?? You want me to cry to you about how the most egotistical person on this planet knows everything I went through and even after five years he won't let me live it down? You want to express that he's one of the reasons why I struggled so hard coming to terms with my sexuality. Or do you want me to yell about how irritating it is that he's walking around, spilling pieces of my story like he's the one who lived it?!"

Isaac sucked his teeth and looked at the sky, "I want you to talk to me like I'm your friend and not like I'm the bad guy. I'm not Nathan. Don't project onto me."

"Just go," he waved him off, placing the cigarette back between his lips, "I don't want to talk."

"I'm not leaving you alone."

"You should. I can take care of myself."

"And as true as that is, I'm staying put. If you want to self – destruct over some stupid nobody who doesn't know the first thing about you, that's your choice. But unfortunately for you, I'm following whichever path you choose."