ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ - ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝗘nzo scowled at his outfit as he fixed his black baseball cap in the reflection of the hospital window

𝗘nzo scowled at his outfit as he fixed his black baseball cap in the reflection of the hospital window. His bosses have been nipping at him for the last two weeks to get the job done with Rayne while she was still here – they wanted to stage her death as a medical accident.

So, here he was, dressed in the most casual apparel he's ever put on his body. He was wearing dark wash jeans, white, high – top sneakers, and a plain white t – shirt. He needed to blend into the crowd, but he still wanted to hide his large amount of auburn hair – it always got stares. It wasn't that he even needed to go undercover for this mission, as none of Rayne's inner circle knew who he was, but it seemed like a good idea. If he was to go through with this, it was best to not allow any identifying features of his to be seen on camera.

He felt the front of his pocket, making sure what he needed was still there, before taking a breath and walking into the hospital.

These places always freaked him out.

To let others have your life in their hands seemed psychotic.

Enzo kept his head down, arms at his side as he slipped through the hallways, up the stairs, and to the second floor. He needed to be extremely cautious on this floor; one bad look from any of the mafia members would do him in.

Especially the heir.

She's tied in with him.

Room two hundred seventy – eight was at the end of the hallway. As he made his way around the doctors, smiling every so often at the curious nurse's eyes he met, he felt the bulge in his pocket weigh heavily. There were so many conflicting thoughts in his mind.

Part of him didn't want to do this.

Part of him did.

She was just like Matteo. A replacement of himself.

It was only fair that he tortured her for no reason like he did to him.

He purposely walked past Rayne's room in case anyone was inside. After three steps, he turned his head and peered in.

It looked to be empty.

Enzo spun around and quickly entered the room, quietly closing the door behind him. He took in the sterilized area; the only person in here was his sister, lying quietly. Her EKG and other monitors were beeping steadily, rhythmically as she breathed on her own.

He took a couple cautious steps in her direction; his bosses informed him that she was in a coma, but that report came in this morning. She may have woken up in that time.

When he reached her side, he placed his hand in front of her face, waving gently. That motion normally woke people up quickly; he had an excuse on standby if she was to wake.

However, seconds passed and she did not open her eyes.

She didn't even twitch.

Enzo found himself frowning at the lack of motion. He knew that she was only laying in this bed because of their selfish, egotistical father; it was a good thing he was dead. The last thing he wanted was for her to get hurt.