ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ

𝗥ayne sucked in a sharp breath and winced as he tightened the adhesive wrap around her wrist

𝗥ayne sucked in a sharp breath and winced as he tightened the adhesive wrap around her wrist. He looked up at her with apologetic eyes, but she just nodded, telling him to continue. He was kneeling before her, helping stabilize her wrist as she sprained it a couple minutes ago – punching Nathan in the face.

While the act of doing so was meaningful to her – he could tell she was regretting the results of it. At least it had been her non dominant hand; she mentioned something about having to go to work tomorrow; she didn't want it done up too tightly.

"There," he palmed her hand gently, "All set."

"Thank you," she smiled at him.

"Of course."

"Where'd you learn to take care of injuries like this? Did you study medicine or something?" she asked, flexing her fingers softly.

He sat back on his heels and nodded, "Yeah. I wanted to be a doctor," he looked off to the side and watched from afar as Franki tended to Nathan's wounds, "—we both did."

A faint sadness seeped into his skin as he recalled what was supposed to be. Years ago when things were happy for him – when France was their home – he had been studying alongside his sister and father; they all had the same aspirations to be a doctor. Their family had been known for their work in the field – their father worked with Doctors without Borders; it was in his blood to become a doctor and to save people, but that was before everything bad happened.

Now, he was fighting with his sister, saving lives in a different manner.

A twisted one, but one, nevertheless.

"What made you join the mafia instead?" Rayne asked, pulling him back.

Blaine looked at her and gave a tight smile, "Circumstances."

She nodded and climbed to her feet, understanding that he wasn't going to be elaborating.

"Thank you again," she waved, turning, and heading towards Rueben.

He stared at them, gazing happily as Rueben gently grabbed her injured palm and brought it up to his lips; he kissed the back of her hand. Rayne looked at him like he made the constellations – and he looked at her like her stars were the base of his inspiration.

Blaine pulled his eyes away and looked around the room, searching for something else to do. Maverick was in front of Mason across the way, tending to the open wounds on his knuckles. If he was being honest, he colored him impressed. After watching Rayne take him down easily in the first round of matches, he seriously underestimated him.

And the thing with the flips was interesting.

He wanted to learn.

Blaine rose to his feet and attempted to walk over to them as he wanted to learn from Mason, as well as make sure Maverick was treating him correctly, but he ran smack into another body.