ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ - ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

𝗠ason stuck his tongue out in concentration as Isaac pointed at the blueprint of the building they'll be raiding in a week's time

𝗠ason stuck his tongue out in concentration as Isaac pointed at the blueprint of the building they'll be raiding in a week's time. There were three levels, as well as multiple secret rooms that were listed on the updated versions. It was a good thing; it opened up plenty of ways to enter without alarming the people they were targeting.

Emmet had given them the rundown of what the mission should consist of. He, as well as himself, Isaac, and Rueben will be taking a red-eye to Spain – they finally figured out the whereabouts of the select group of guards assigned to Lilliana. It was time to give her justice.

"I'm excited," Isaac spoke, stretching in his chair.

The two of them were seated in the kitchen while they awaited the arrival of Rueben. They were snacking on cookies and drinking water, but if he were being honest, he really wanted a drink of something stronger. As much as he loved being in the mafia – going on missions always raised his stress levels. He had a love-hate relationship when it came to fulfilling his duty.

"Yeah, me too," he replied regardless, "I'm nervous though."

"Per usual."

"I just want everyone to get home safely."

"And we will," Isaac took a swing of his water, "We always do."

Yeah.

Except for the time Matteo didn't return, right?

Mason's head snapped up as the front door slammed shut. A couple of voices were laughing; they grew louder as they rounded the corner. He saw Rayne first; her amber eyes were gleaming as she looked up at Rueben. He, who was holding her hand tightly, smiling like there was no other place he'd rather be than right beside her.

"What is this?" Isaac asked, his eyebrow raised.

"What is what?" Rayne answered.

His eyes grew wide, "You're speaking again?"

She nodded.

Mason rose from his seat, beaming as he acknowledged her growth. He wasn't sure what exactly made her not want to use her voice after waking up, but hell, was it refreshing to hear it again. The house had been way too quiet without her bossing everyone around.

"What is this hand holding you're doing?" Isaac continued his inquiry.

"Do you want to tell them or should I?" she asked Rueben.

"Tell us what?"

Rueben grinned at them, "I asked Rayne to be my girlfriend."

"—and I said yes," she finished, leaning into him.

"No fucking way," a new voice entered the room.

Mason glanced over and watched as Taryn jumped over the back of the couch and walked into the kitchen. Her arms were crossed and her eyebrows were raised to her hairline. Blake wasn't far behind her, but she walked around the couch; she wasn't in the same theatrical mood it seemed.