New baby

Words- 622

Two lines. That's all it took to tell me I was pregnant again. After trying for months, if not years, to have another baby, it finally happened.

Nat and Avery were downstairs playing with toys while I was upstairs, heart racing a million miles a minute. I'm pregnant. I picked up the pregnancy test and made my way downstairs after building up the courage to tell Natasha. Obviously she would be happy, but it still made me nervous.

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" I asked my two favourite girls.

"We're playing mummy. Want to join?" Ava looked up from her Barbie dolls with the brightest smile.

"I will in a minute but I have to tell you guys something first." The seriousness in my voice made Natasha look at me worried.

I pulled out the positive pregnancy test from my back pocket to show them, "I'm pregnant!" There was silence. Not a single sound until Natasha got up from where she was sat in the floor to tackle me in a hug.

"We're having a baby" She said to reassure herself that it was real and she wasn't dreaming. Her eyes had let out a few happy tears that I removed with the pad of my thumb, then giving her a kiss. I turned my head to look at my daughter. As soon as we made eye contact she stood up and ran out the room, tears falling from her green eyes. Natasha looks just as confused as me but followed Ava out of the room nonetheless.

Nat's POV
I knocked on my daughters door, waiting for an answer that never came. I opened the door when I head small sobs coming from the other side.

The sight broke my heart. My little girl, sobbing into her pillow.

"Hey baby, why are you crying?" I sat down on her bed and began rubbing circles on her back in hopes to stop her crying. When she didn't answer me and continued to cry, I picked her up. With her only being 4 years old it was very easy as she weighed practically nothing. I placed my forehead on hers and waited patiently for her to calm down.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence I spoke softly, "Can you tell me what's got you so upset?"

"Mummy's having a baby" she stated.

"And what's bad about that. You get to play with a little brother or sister!" I tried getting her to see the positives of having a younger sibling.

"But you'll forget about me" she looked up at me with her eyes the same shade of mine and pouted.

"Ava, we won't forget you. Sure, there will be times when either mummy or I will have to focus on the baby, but you'll never be forgotten." She seemed to understand a little more but I continued, "you'll get to hold the baby, feed the baby and change their nappies!"

"Eww no nappies!" She pulled a face of disgust to which I laughed

"Ok leave the nappies to us" I said, "but we'll love you just as much as we do already when the baby comes, I promise"

"Pinky promise?" She held up her little finger, waiting for me to lock it with mine.

"Pinky promise" I said wrapping my finger around hers.

"Now let's go downstairs to see mummy" I scooped her up in my arms and took her downstairs.

No ones POV
Natasha entered the living room with Ava sat on her hip. She walked over to you and placed your daughter in your lap.

"I'm sorry mummy, I got sad cause I thought you would forget me if you had a baby" She said as she pouted once again while giving you a hug.

"It's okay baby, but you know we'll never forget you, right?" You placed both hands on her small cheeks, looking into her eyes to make sure she was taking in what you were saying.

"Yes, mama told me already" she responded with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah idk what this is but it's something!

Have a good rest of the day/night

~Millie 🤍🤍