Secrets

(not proof read)

(this is after endgame

(this is after endgame. no ones dead. you 'left' the avengers after thanos)

Three years ago you got pregnant with my daughter. You were dating this man and he treated you like shit, once he found out you were pregnant, he packed his shit up and left. Not once helping you through your pregnancy like father's are meant to do. You were left to take care of yourself for those 9 months and once your daughter, Avery, was born. It wasn't particularly hard but if he did stick around it would've been a lot easier.

——

You were in your way to pick up Avery from her daycare when you bumped into the very familiar redhead. Natasha. God you missed her. Her gorgeous green eyes sparkled from the sun and her red hair with blond tips hung, perfect curled just past her shoulders.

"Hey" She whispered. The shock on her face was genuine. "I've missed you" She said. Natasha was never one to lie to you and you knew that.

"I've missed you too" you said with a smile, almost getting lost in her eyes.

"What have you been up to?" Truth is Natasha never wanted you to leave. She saw how shitty your boyfriend was and always gave you warnings about him but never wanted to believe her. Claiming that you 'loved him'. Now you wish you would've listened.

"Oh, you know, just trying to live a normal life" You cursed under your breath at the awkward response.

"Yeah same. You should really come by the compound one day. The team really miss you." They all stayed living in the compound, apart from Tony, he went back to his cabin with his little family. The other Avengers didn't have any other family to go to, they just had each other.

"Umm yeah sure." You were not good with talking to Natasha. Always getting flustered when around her. I mean look at her. A walking goddess.

"How are you and your boyfriend?" She asked which she soon regretted when she saw your mood change. "Oh I'm sorry. Forget i asked." She rushed out.

"Don't worry about it. It just didn't work out, so we split up" That's not what you wanted to say. You wanted to tell her how she was right all along. How he was a shitty person and left once he found out you were pregnant. But you couldn't, not yet at least.

"I'm sorry. You still have my number right?" She asked, you nodded your head in response thinking back to all the times you wanted to call her, to tell her all your problems because you knew you always felt better when she comforted you. "I'll text you and maybe we could go out for dinner sometime?" She offered.

"Yes I would love that" You smiled at the kind gesture. "Sorry to end this short but I have to go" You apologised. She smiled and waved as you headed to your daughters day care.

—— (not writing the date cause cba but timeskip to them dating :))

Before your relationship got further you needed to tell Nat. You couldn't keep it a secret for her forever. Plus she was starting to get suspicious as to why she couldn't ever go to your apartment.

"Hey Nat?" You said while she was driving you back to your apartment.

She hummed in response, keeping her eyes on the road.

"I need to tell you something but you promise not to get mad." You were scared that she might leave because 'she didn't want to take care of a child'.

"There's someone I haven't told you about." You blurted out. She turned her face to look at you for a spilt second before looking back in front of her.

"You cheated on me?!" She couldn't believe it.

"What! No!" You were never one to cheat. You never knew how people could ever cheat.

"Then who is this other person you haven't told me about?" Nat was getting nervous.

"My daughter" You whispered, too afraid of her reaction.

"You have a daughter?" You couldn't tell what she was feeling. Her face hadn't given any clues.

"Yeah. She's two, almost three" Not once did her face change.

"Can I meet her?" She asked now smiling a little.

"I-i mean yeah. Wait you don't have any questions?" You were very confused with her reaction to say the least.

"I have questions, but I want to meet her. If she looks anything like her mum then I bet she's beautiful." There it was. Nat purposely making you blush.

"Ask your questions" You wanted to get them over and done with.

"Where's the dad?" You knew it was coming but didn't expect it to be the first.

"Well, he found out and left. Didn't stick around at all so he's practically non existent to her." You were sad a little, knowing she wouldn't have a farther to be there to protect her from the world but you were there so that's all that really mattered.

"I could always be her other mum" Nat suggested cautiously.

You looked over with heart shaped eyes, you wouldn't want anybody else to be Avery's other parent than Nat.

"I would love that." You smiled at her.

—— (next morning)

Nat was coming over in an hour and you were panicking. Avery wouldn't stop crying for the last two hours and you were very close to cancelling. You still needed to get yourself and Ava dressed but she kept refusing to drink her milk.

Then the doorbell went.

"Shit" She wasn't supposed to be early. Now you had to answer the door with a screaming two year old while you looked like a hobo.

Nonetheless you opened the door to greet Natasha, immediately apologising for not being dressed.

"It's ok. I can take her while you get yourself ready. Not that you look bad or anything" She offered.

"Oh no. Its ok I would never ask you to do that" You said.

"You didn't ask though. I offered" She had the biggest smile on her face and, if possible, you fell in love with her even more.

You passed Avery to Natasha and she almost immediately stopped screaming. You handed Natasha her bottle, "You can try and feed her this but she might not want it". As soon as she got hold of the bottle and tried feeding Ava, she immediately started drinking the drink.

"Great. She already likes you more than me" You didn't actually mind. Just grateful that she had stopped screaming and was now drinking something. You made your way into your room and began getting yourself ready.

——

Once you walked out of your room a few minutes later, the sight in front of you melted your heart. Nat was sat in the sofa with a very happy Ava in her lap, giggling at Natasha's silly faces.

"I was right" Nat said breaking you out of your staring.

"About what?"

"She's beautiful just like her mummy"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

didn't know how to end it sorry :) but i really liked this. it started to go downhill towards the end but oh well.

have a good rest of the day/night

~Millie 🤍🤍