Overwhelmed

Nat x autistic!reader
Not trying to romanticise autism in any way!!
Please correct me if anything is wrong :)

Nat x autistic!reader Not trying to romanticise autism in any way!!Please correct me if anything is wrong :)

Y/n's Pov
I already knew today was going to be a rough day from the moment I woke up.

My alarm was normally set for 7am and then another at 7:30, which gave me 30 minutes to either go on my phone or get some extra sleep. But my alarms didn't go off. My mum woke me up at 7:45 telling me to get ready for school. I tried my very best to not let it get to me but as soon as something in my routine messes up, everything else does.

I wore my favourite hoodie and pulled on a pair of black leggings. Basic outfit but who cares. I made my way to the kitchen where Wanda was making my favourite, waffles.

"How many would you like?" She smiled as I sat down on one of the stools.

"Just one please" I thanked her once she placed a waffle in front of me and began to put my toppings on and started eating.

A few minutes later mama came in with my school bag. "Ready to go?" She asked as she gave me a kiss on the head.

"I just need to brush my teeth" and with that I made my way into my bathroom and begun brushing my teeth.

——

We were in the car currently driving to school. I was playing with the strings of my hoodie when mum gave me one of my smaller fidget toys and I thanked her.

We pulled up to the front of the school and I got out the car just in time because as I walked in the bell went. It was too loud tho. I walked to first period and sat down in my seat.

As much as I tried to ignore it, I felt myself get a bit overwhelmed. The lights were brighter than normal and my classmates were too loud today. I could feel the tag of my hoodie rubbing against my neck and my leggings began to feel a bit tight despite the stretchy fabric.

I asked my teacher to go to the toilet and thankfully he allowed me to. I went in one of the stalls and sat on the closed toilet seat. I put my head in my hands and tried doing the breathing exercises that my mum taught me.

That didn't work.

I played with the toy mum gave me in the car to try and distract myself from everything.

That also didn't work.

Next thing I know, I'm pulling my phone out of my bag and calling my mum and after two rings she picked up.

"Hey! What's up?" Hearing her voice calmed me slightly.

"Can you come get me?" My voice was shaking

"I'm on my way" I heard keys jingle in the background before she spoke up again, "would you like me to stay on the phone?" She already knew the answer but asked anyways.

"Yes please" although we didn't talk at all while she was driving but just knowing she was on the other side of the phone was enough.

No ones pov
The school knew about your autism which is why they didn't question Natasha walking straight past reception and into the school. She made her way to the bathroom you were in and called out for you. A small, shaking voice came from the toilet the furthest from the door.

"Hey my love, can I touch you?" She asked quietly to which you shook your head 'no'.

"Ok, do you want to get up so we can go home?" You slowly stood up and you both started walking out of school. Once you got into the car, Natasha handed you your favourite shirt to change out of. It had soft fabric that was very loose fitting and even better, it didn't have any labels. You pulled your hoodie off and replaced it with the shirt.

"Are you hot or cold?" She would always turn the ac on if you were too hot, even if she were freezing and vice versa.

"I'm ok" the temperature in the car was perfect.

——

Once you got home Nat gave you your weighted blanket and you sat on the sofa in silence watching the tv. Half way through, she got up to make some food for you. She made your favourite sandwich and made sure to cut off the crusts. She also added some fruit in a separate bowl knowing you don't like when two or more foods touch.

You gratefully took the sandwich and fruit with a smile and continued watching tv. After the movie was finished and food was eaten, Natasha asked what you wanted to do.

"Can we watch another movie?" She nodded and put on your favourite. By then you were feeling much better despite everything going wrong earlier. As the movie went on you gradually made you way closer to Natasha, eventually leaning your head on her shoulder while you played with her fingers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not sure how this is but I'm going through my requests rn so you might get more updates later, it depends really.

Have a good rest of the day/night

-Millie 🤍🤍