Chapter 112

Chapter 112:

"Yoru-san, are you okay? I heard a weird noise from your room" I heard Hansen knock on the door Mikey was leaning on,

"Do you want me to answer that?" Mikey asked, still with a stern look on his face. I quickly pulled him away from the door and answered Hansen,

"I'm fine, just an annoying rat," I yelled back at Hansen, 

"I'll call an exterminator tomorrow, you should rest for the night, you still have that appointment tomorrow," Hansen said before walking off,

"Annoying rat, huh?" Mikey mumbled as he was walking towards my bed to sit down, he was examining the room as he did so, "Pretty empty, just like your old apartment,"

"I'm barely home, anyway," I responded, "Why are you here?"

"I told you, didn't I? If you didn't contact me, I'll take matters into my own hands" He stated,

"So it was really you who wrote that letter," I mumbled, I really thought it was Sanzu trying to lure me into a trap. "Why are you here? You're seriously not going to challenge me one-on-one here?"

"I'm here to talk," He said, that's quite surprising coming from Mikey, "Tell me, what exactly did you see,"

"It doesn't matter," I told him, "Even if I tell you and we find some way to change the future, it won't fix us,"

"Tell me," He repeated, "Come back with me to Shibuya and tell me what happened,"

"Do you still love me?" I asked, I don't understand why is he here and why is trying to bring me back to Kanto Manji Gang, I wouldn't be of much use to him in the long run. He could have just ambushed me here and taken over Dollars if he wanted to. So what was the point of him trying to bring me back?

He got up from his seat and approached me, he placed his hands over my shoulder and slid off the robe I was wearing so I was left standing, wearing nothing.

"When we were young you were like a hina doll. Beautiful, flawless, not a single imperfection on you, you were perfect." Mikey said as he looked at every single scar I had on my body, "Now, you're damaged, scarred, broken..."

"Such an ugly sight, right?" I said, feeling somewhat insecure about all the scars on my body. I never really gave it much thought, but now that someone has pointed it out, I kind of feel sad that I turned into such pure garbage.

"Even as broken as you are, you are still the most beautiful person in my world," Mikey said with a hint of sadness in his voice, "I'll always love you, but I don't trust you, hence, the circumstances I placed you in while you were with me,"

"You don't trust me?" How can he love someone he doesn't trust? Was this some sort of mind-controlling bullshit?

"I don't but you're the only one I have left, and I want to keep you with me until the end," He said as he cupped my face and leaned down to kiss me,

This doesn't make sense, if he really does love me now, how did we end up in that future? How did we end up in a future where he doesn't love me?

I'm lost.

What did I do that was so bad? I'm already a criminal and a murderer, I emotionally destroyed him for faking my death, I even kicked his beloved babu back then, but he still claims that he will always love me.

So what did I end up doing to him?

I was confused and lost. I can't deny I succumbed to his wishes that night. 

...

It was around 4 AM, Mikey was right under me, I'm ashamed that my feelings got the best of me. I stared at Mikey, thinking about everything that has happened.