Chapter 52

Chapter 52:

"Remember the time we first met?" Mikey said as he was watching me try to fix the cb250t that he plans to give Takemichi.

"Who could forget, you threw a book in my face," I said laughing.

[Flashback]

I was sitting in my bed, reading a book when my parents came in. I remember my father was wearing a really nice suit, while my mother wore this really sparkly black dress.

I was this clumsy and frail kid who used to get sick often. I didn't have any friends because my parents wouldn't let me go outside of the house. They said it was too dangerous, who knew what would a gang do to a child of a yakuza executive. So yeah since birth I was pretty exposed to gangs, drugs, and illegal businesses.

"Are you ready to go?" My father said as he was fixing his tie.

"I don't understand why you have to dump me in some dojo" I muttered to my parents. "I don't even leave the house"

"We want you to live a normal life, go to school, have friends, and all of that" My father said as he sat down on the corner of my bed and placed his hand on my knee.

"Meet a nice boy, get married, have kids" My mother continued.

"Let's not go that far," My father said, letting out an annoyed chuckle. "You're going to have fun there, you can practice learning martial arts, the owner of the dojo was your mom and I's master when we were young, that's where we first met"

"I heard there's a boy around your age who lives there, I'm sure you two would get along!" My mother said like it was going to make things better.

...

We then arrived in Shibuya, it wasn't really that far from Ikebukuro, it was like a 30-minute car ride. We headed to this really large dojo, there were a lot of kids from different ages inside, practicing martial arts.

"See, doesn't it look cool?" My father asked me, "You're going to like it here, I can tell"

"Ryouta, Eli, I haven't seen you two in years!" This really short, old man said

"Sensei, you haven't changed a bit!" My father said greeting the old man. "This is Akaza,"

"We're really sorry for making you take care of her," My mom said. So neither of us wanted me to be here. Why are they pushing this?

"It's no trouble at all, I'm sure Manjiro and Keisuke would love to have another friend," The old man said. "Let's head inside, I hope you will like it here, Akaza-chan"

[Mikey's POV]

Baji and I just finished practicing, so we were sitting near the window, resting. I grabbed my book and water bottle, and took a sip.

"Hey look!" Baji said, looking out the window "There's a girl! Do you think she's going to enroll at the dojo?"

I got up from my seat and looked out the window. There was this really short girl around my age with 2 fancy-looking adults, she doesn't look too happy arriving at the dojo. She's really pretty.

"You're drooling! You like her!" I heard Baji teased, startling the shit out of me. I accidentally dropped my water bottle resulting in the floor being wet.

"I wasn't drooling and I definitely don't like her!" I yelled at Baji, "Now, clean this up" I said sticking my tongue out at Baji.

"No fair! I cleaned the dojo yesterday!" I heard Baji whine at me. I sat back at the corner of the room, reading a book. Ignoring Baji's whining.