Chapter 50

Chapter 50:

"You look great!" Mikey said as he picked me up from my apartment.

"I didn't even want to dress up," I said shyly. "Where's Draken and Emma?"

"They said they'll meet as at the shrine," Mikey said as he extended his hand out for me. "I brought my babu"

"Actually," I started off "Can we walk? I want to spend more time with you, just the two of us" I told Mikey. 

"I'd like that a lot," Mikey said, I held his hand and our fingers intertwined with each other. 

The first few minutes of our walk were silent, but it was a comfortable silence. I wish we could stay like this forever.

"What should we do at the festival?" Mikey asked me.

"I don't know, I haven't been to one in years," I told him.

Shinichiro used to invite me during festivals with everyone, but I'm not a part of their family, I didn't want to join an outing that was meant for families, so I usually just stayed home and play video games all night.

"Then tonight we'll try everything," Mikey told me.

"There's actually one thing I want to try at the festival, I want to write on an ema," I told Mikey, he smiled and nodded.

"That sounds like fun," He said.

...

We then arrived at the shrine and did all sorts of things, we bought masks, we even tried different festival snacks and games.

"Hey, it's Smiley and Mucho!" I said as I ran towards the two who are currently buying candied apples.

I didn't even realize that I got separated from Mikey with all the people at the festival.

"Akaza-chan! You look so cute!" Smiley waved at me "Where's Mikey and the rest?" he said, handing me a candied apple.

"Huh? I must have gotten separated" I said.

"Don't worry, we'll find them" Smiley said as he patted me on the head.

"Toman's number 3 lost in a festival, isn't that cute" Mucho teased. I just stuck my tongue out at him.

Smiley, Mucho, and I then decided to walk around in case we find Mikey and the rest. I was walking behind the two when I felt someone pull me from behind.

"I took my eyes off of you for one second then you go missing, you're a handful aren't you?" Mikey said, laughing.

"I saw Smiley and Mucho so I went to say hi," I told Mikey.

"Draken and Emma are by the shrine, let's go," Mikey said, pulling me in the direction of the shrine. There we met up with Emma and Draking who were currently writing on an ema.

"Akaza-chan, you look so pretty!" Emma cooed at me.

Mikey then handed me a pen and a plaque so I could write my new year's wish on it.

"What are you wising?" I asked Mikey, I went in to look over what he was writing,

'I wish Toman will be bigger next year' 

"I hope Toman will be the biggest gang in Tokyo by next year," Mikey said, "How about you?" He asked me, but I haven't written anything yet.

"I don't know what to wish for," I told him.

"Wasn't writing on an ema your idea?" Mikey told me.

"Then how about this," I said writing on the plaque.