Chapter 68

Chapter 68:

[Mikey's POV:]

"What?!" Takemitchy yelled quite surprised by what I said.

"When we're adults and can get married, I'll ask her to marry me 5 years from now," I told him, he then let out an awkward chuckle, "Aka-chin is the type of person who likes planning ahead. If she has something to look forward to in the future. that's something she's going to hold on to"

"With everything you two has gone through, she'll definitely say yes," Takemitchy told me.

...

3 days later...

Aka-chin woke up 2 days ago but I never had the perfect chance to ask her. I couldn't find the right time, I never thought it's going to be this hard. 

"I'm going to miss Emma's funeral too" She mumbled lowly as she stared out of the window. Today was Emma's final day, but Aka-chin still has to stay in the hospital to recover.

"The doctor said you have to stay here for 3 more days before you could get discharged," I told her.

"I missed Shinichiro's and Baji's, now I'm missing Emma's too" She started off, "Everyone I grew up with is gone, and I can't even say goodbye to them"

"I'm sure wherever they are, they'll understand," I told her, "I'll be back tonight, you stay put"

[Akaza's POV:]

Mikey left about an hour ago, I just sat on my bed feeling so damn helpless. I got up from my bed and headed to my duffle bag, I grabbed anything black I could wear. I wore a back hoodie and black sweats. It's not the most formal clothes for a funeral but I have no choice.

I snuck out of the hospital and headed to the dojo.

I didn't have my bike with me nor the money to call a taxi or something, so I ended up speed walking. I might not make it at this rate. The doctor told me not to move around much or I could open up my stitches or something.

I could feel my body getting painful by the second but I'm not going to miss Emma's funeral.

Finally, I arrived at the dojo, the service is almost over but at least I made it. I patiently waited outside until the service was over, I can't just barge in because that would be rude. 

Man, I'm exhausted.

I saw Draken went up sat in front of Mikey and his grandfather.

"I loved Emma" Draken told them. He then bowed down apologetically to Mikey and his grandfather "I am very sorry I couldn't protect her"

"I see you have taken a liking towards her, I'm sure she's resting well," Grandpa said with a smile. I couldn't help but tear up at their conversation, the saddest feeling is losing someone you love. You can never bring them back even though how much you tried. You feel useless and all the regrets will haunt you every day.

Emma called me her big sister, but I couldn't even protect her. I saw it coming but I didn't do anything about it. If anyone was to be blamed for not protecting her, it's me. 

"I'm sorry, Emma" I mumbled to myself. I hid behind the wall by the door and waited for everything to be finished. I ended up not having the courage to visit Emma and say goodbye. I don't have the right to, after failing to be a big sister to her, I just couldn't do it.

"If you snuck out of the hospital just to visit her, you should come in," Mikey said, appearing beside me.

"Do you think she'll ever forgive me?" I asked Mikey, "If only I was a little early" I mumbled, Mikey just gave me a questioning look.

...

 One week later...

I finally got discharged from the hospital for the 3rd time in a span of 12 months. Either God loves me so much that he's protecting me or the Grim Reaper hates me.

"Mikey, ready to go?" I called out from outside Mikey's room, I went in and saw him staring blankly at the ceiling. There must be a lot on his mind since we're finally going to conclude the Kantou Incident.

"Let's go," Mikey said as he headed in the direction of his bike, I followed behind him.

We then drove to Musashi Shrine, our meeting wasn't for another hour but Mikey said he wanted to come early.

As we reached Musashi Shrine, Takemichi arrived confused. 

"Aka-chin, I want to have a word with Takemitchy, alone," Mikey told me, that's odd. 

"Alright, I'll go pick up Draken," I told him, he smiled and nodded. 

Mikey waited for me to leave before talking to Takemichi, I was a little curious about what they were talking about so I decided to eavesdrop for a while.

"Sorry for taking up your time, I wish to have a conversation with you." Mikey started off "Can you tell me all about it? Everything about you coming from the future"

Good thing I decided to stay. I might find out something about the dreams I'm having, will it connect with Takemichi's story?

Takemichi then started telling Mikey everything, from when he died at the station, to Draken's death, just everything that has happened, and it was a lot.

And everything that I feared came true.

The dreams and visions I saw were aligned with Takemichi's story.

Draken getting arrested for murder, getting married to Mikey and having 2 children, Mikey killing me in one of the timelines, killing myself and my children in another timeline. Everything he said was what I saw too.

Does that mean every time Takemichi leaps in the future, I can also see it in my point of view 12 years from now?

If that's the case then I can't save Mikey.

In every timeline, I was with him, I was married to him but he still always ends up being corrupted, Toman always ends up corrupted.

I couldn't save Mikey from Kisaki Tetta, but Kisaki's dead now.

Will the future change this time, will we live happily ever after now? If Kisaki has always been the problem before, maybe this time things are different. 

I have high hopes for the future now.

I'm sure this time Mikey and I will be happy in this future. 

Right?