Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Chapter 3:

After that encounter with Kiyomasa's group, we headed to Mikey's dojo so I can change the oil of his bike, Draken said he was busy today so he couldn't do it, I volunteered to do it instead.

"You know I can do it, or I could just wait for Ken-chin" Mikey said as he was watching me work on his bike.

"While you're practicing, Shinichiro teachers me how to maintain bikes" I told him "Your back tire is flat" I pointed out.

"Oh, how unfortunate" He said examining his back wheel, there was a nail stuck into it.

"I'll call in and order your tire, it should arrive tomorrow morning" I told Mikey as I called a family friend who owns a bike shop in Ikebukuro.

"Aka-chin" Mikey became serious all of a sudden.

"You want it done now?" I asked Mikey, assuming he can't wait until tomorrow for his bike to be fixed. "I think they can deliver it as soon as possible if you can't wait" I said redialing the number.

"You should step down from Toman" He blurted out. I froze for a moment and stared at Mikey who was dead serious.

"You're joking right?" I asked him, he still has a serious look on his face. "Why should I step down from Toman?" I asked confused, I was doing a good job as a division captain.

"Things are going to get more dangerous from here on out" He started off "I promised your parents to protect you no matter what, but I think it's best if you avoided conflict itself"

"Mikey—"I started off but he interrupted me before I could finish.

"I don't ever want to see you hurt again" He said remembering that.

I got up from my seat and faced Mikey, he was completely serious about his decision.

"Mikey, I respect you more than anyone, and not just as our commander, but as the most important person to me; but I have to go against your wishes" I told him "I was taught how to handle a gun at the age of four, I've been training with you in this dojo since we were six, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't appoint me as the 6th division captain if you don't acknowledge my capabilities"

"And what if I'm gone" Mikey said.

"Wherever you will go, I will follow" I assured Mikey "Someone has to babysit the commander when Draken is not around"

"I don't need babysitting" Mikey argued as he huffed.

"Sano Manjiro, I entrust my life to you and to Toman" I told him, he smiled proudly and patted me on the head

"As long as you promise to stay by my side, I'll do the same, I'll protect you" Mikey assured me

[The Next Day...]