Chapter 74

Chapter 74:

"Let's open Mikey's letter," I told everyone,

"He's not around, but let's just open the letter shall we?" Draken said, Takemichi then grabbed the letter from the box and opened it, and read it to everyone.

Sano Manjiro

in 12 years I wonder what will I be doing?

I can't even tell

but I know for sure Mitsuya will be a fashion designer, he's gonna have a fancy office and make stylish clothes! That I can tell!

And since Hakkai likes Mitsuya a lot, he's going to work in a similar industry too! He'll spend his time in Mitsuya's workplace

Pah-chin will definitely inherit his dad's real estate agency,

Peh-yan is gonna follow Pah-chin around, of course without Pah there's no Peh!

As for Smiley, he's gonna go off and do some crazy shit!

Well, he's gonna be fine so long as Angry is with him.

And there's only one choice for Ken-chin, he's totally gonna own a bike shop, I know him better than anyone so I can tell!

And Chifuyu, he should be doing something that makes him think of Baji.

As for Aka-chin, I won't say much about you in this letter because I know we'll still be together 12 years in the future, I'll tell you every day how much I love you. I can't wait to marry and start a family with you.

Takemitchy, if you and Hina don't end up happy together I'll kill you!

Disbanding Toman isn't only for your future, Takemitchy, but also for the others.

Toman isn't the right place for you to obtain the important experiences that'll help you grow into an adult

So everyone, please get on that journey of finding your values.

I will also pursue my own journey to find what's important to me, but you'll understand, right? 

And I might not meet you guys anymore.

Akaza, I'm sorry if in the future I can't be with you, I wanted you to be by my side even if I head in a different direction, but I can't bring you along to wherever I'm heading. I want to protect you most of all. 

But never forget, no matter how far we are from each other, we will always be connected.

"No matter how separated we are we're always connected" Peh-yan quoted

"It shows his maturity"  Smiley commented.

"A journey to find something important, huh," Mitsuya said. Takemichi handed me Mikey's letter and I reread it.

"I know what you're thinking," Draken told me, "I'm sure Mikey never wanted to leave you, he just didn't have a choice"

"Isn't his family a choice?" I mumbled sadly, "I think I'll go ahead," I said as I bid farewell to everyone.

"I'll drive you," Draken offered, "We're heading off, Mikey's letter is taking a toll on her"

"Look after her, okay?" Mitsuya told Draken.

...

Draken and I arrived at my place, I got my kids ready for bed and tucked them in, Draken sat at the dining table waiting for me to finish.