Chapter 73

Chapter 73:

It's been 2 and a half months since and I haven't got a clue or lead about Bonten and Mikey. Ryuuji has his hands full right now because the media is currently storming my company.

There was a huge drug raid at a club in Shibuya, and of course, Bonten was the culprit. And as Mikey's wife and the president of a pharmaceutical company, the police and media are suspecting that the Inumaki Pharmaceutical Corporation was the one who provided Bonten with drugs.

"You do know the more you hide, the more suspicious you are," Draken said as I sneaked inside his shop. "The police has already proven you're not involved with Bonten, what are you afraid of?"

"I just hate it when people tail me" I stated.

"Relax, don't forget, we're opening the time capsule later," Draken told me.

I forgot! The day has finally come, will Mikey show up at the spot? He was the one who said we'll meet up after 12 years, I'm sure he's going to come!

...

We then headed to Musashi Shrine, everyone was already there. We all waited for hours but Mikey never showed up.

I mean I really got my hopes up there but at the same time why would a leader of a criminal organization waltz around Musashi Shrine? 

"Guess it can't be helped, let's open it already," Draken said.

"We haven't heard a peep for 10 years, you can forget about today" Peh-yan added.

We finally opened the time capsule and got our letter and things. Chifuyu got his magazine about airplanes, he said when he was a kid he wanted to be a pilot.

"I used to dream about being a pilot back then," Chifuyu said.

"Just like a kid's dream" Hakkai teased.

"You go on the, why not show us your amazing dream?" Chifuyu rebutted at Hakkai.

Hakkai then brought out his item and letter which was a moon rock, in his letter he was really expecting he'd be an astronaut.

"That's even more of a kid's dream" Chifuyu teased.

"You have some balls to have written that, since you have nothing to show for it" Mitsuya also teased Hakkai.

"A model abroad isn't that bad" I defended Hakkai,

"Well how about you, Taka-chan? Let's see your dark past!" Hakkai whined, embarrassed about his letter.

Mitsuya then showed this really old hand stiched bunny stuffed toy.

"Were you the type who couldn't sleep without a stuffed animal?" Hakkai teased.

"Moron!" Mitsuya told Hakkai, he then read out his letter "To me in the future, don't forget about your motivation, since I was poor I was never able to get toys for Mana and Luna, this is the first stuffed animal I made for them, myself"

"Aw! That's so inspirational!" I told Mitsuya,

"Sewing became fun when I did it for others, I began to hope someday I could become a tailor" Mitsuya continued "Surely, if I'd never been poor, I wouldn't be where I am today" 

Mitsuya was really mature as a kid and even now he's so grown up, it's admirable. He's the best big brother anyone could ask for.

"How about you?" I asked Ryuuji, he then showed me his guitar pick. I remember that, he said that it was his lucky guitar pick, he'd always have it with him during gang fights, Toman never lost when he as it with him.

"To me in the future, if you're not a famous musician, go kill yourself" Ryuuji read his letter to himself. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at his letter.

"And now your a company vice president," I told him, "Don't kill yourself, okay?" I teased him as I patted him on the back.

Everyone then read their letter and seemed to be having so much fun, now it was Draken's turn to read his.

"What did you put in, Draken-kun?" Takemichi asked Draken who was sitting down by the shrine.

"This" Draken then showed us a picture, it was the last picture Toman took, Draken then started reading his letter out to everyone.

To the future Ryuguji Ken,

How are you doing?

Are you still into bikes?

Did you get married?

Do you have kids?

Do you still follow Mikey?

I've come to a crossroads in my life

Toman has split up

"I wont object the head's decision"

I said that in front of Everyone

I really regret it

Toman is all I have

I'm unsure if everyone feels the same

I've been so anxious

I've cried

But I'm sure Mikey suffered more

So I'm writing all my regrets here

Just growing old

Even if I lose the feelings I held as a kid

I hope I don't forget this

Always, Emma will always be with you

"So do you still have regrets now?" I asked Draken, he smiled sadly at me, that was the only response I got. I already knew what it meant.

"The only part I can answer in that letter is if I got married and had kids" Draken joked, "I'm not married nor do I have kids but why does it feel like I have a nagging wife and 2 children" He jokingly complained to lighten the mood.

"Hey, if you hate the responsibility so much then don't take care of my kids!" I told him.

"I'm joking, you know how much I love those two" Draken told me, "So what did you put?"

I then showed him the picture I got from his room back when I 'changed the oil of his bike'. It was a picture of Mikey and me at one of Toman's meetings.

"I don't get sentimental or attached to things so I had a hard time choosing on what to put in the time capsule" I started off, "Mikey said to put something important in the time capsule. Mikey was my everything, he's the most important to me so this is what I put in"

"What's in your letter?" Chifuyu asked me.

"It's my wedding vows" I told them. "Mikey proposed to me around the time we made this time capsule, I wrote my promise to him in this letter, I wanted this to tell him when we got married, but I never got a chance to use this"

With this hand

I will lift your sorrows

Your cup will never empty,

For I will be your wine.

With this candle,

I will light your way in darkness.

With this ring,

I ask you to be mine

[A/N: This was the wedding vows in the Corpse Bride, I just love that movie so much. It's my all time favorite movie]