Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

[2 YEARS AGO] "that"

It was the beginning of our middle school, Draken decided to go to the same middle school as Mikey and I. I was a year younger than Mikey and Draken but we're in the same grade. Anyways around this time was when Toman was created.

"Shinichiro-kun" I said as I entered Shinichiro's garage. Shinichiro is Mikey's older brother.

"Akaza-chan, welcome home" He greeted, I don't live here but he always welcomes me like I lived here. It was really heartwarming, especially because I lived alone ever since I moved to Shibuya

"Are you really giving your bike to Mikey on his birthday?" I asked as I watched him tweaked his bike.

"He can't keep driving his moped forever" He chuckled.

I work as an intern for Shinichiro, he was currently teaching me how to change the exhaust of a bike when we heard the clock struck midnight.

"Mikey is still training?" I asked as I checked my wristwatch for the time "I guess I'll be going home now" I said as I got up from my seat and grabbed my bag.

"Why don't you stay the night, it's dangerous to go home. Or I could drive you home?" Shinichiro offered but I rejected his offer politely.

"You have to finish tweaking that bike before Mikey's birthday, right?" I told him "Besides I live in the next neighborhood, it's no sweat" I assured him. I didn't want be a bother to them.

"But it's already late, just stay the night" Shinichiro offered but I refused yet again.

"I have school in the morning, I'll just call Mikey when I get home" I told him and ran out the door waving good bye at him.

I was casually walking down the street on my way home. It was dark and the street lights were so dim you could barely see anything but I wasn't worried. I'm sure its safe.

Or so I thought.

The next thing I knew I felt a metal rod hit me in the head knocking me out cold.

[Mikey's POV]

I lost track of the time.

After mopping the floors and putting everything back in the storage room cleaning up my mess. Its grandpa's golden rule to clean after using the dojo.

As I was placing the mop inside the storage room, I slit my hand at a chipped part of the wall. That's odd, i suddenly had a bad feeling about this, but I ended up ignoring it and went to visit Shinichiro. I saw him grabbing his jacket and heading out of his garage.

"Where are you going?" I asked him, he seemed pretty agitated and was in a rush.

"Akaza went home alone just now, I don't feel good about this" He said. My eyes grew wide in shock.

I quickly ran out and followed Shinichiro until we reached a dark alley, there was blood on the floor that left a trail it seemed like someone was dragged in the farthest and darkest part of the alley, I was mortified with the sight.

"Don't tell me--" Shinichiro started off then quickly ran in the alley where there were over 20 high school guys being loud and rowdy.

We saw Aka-chin on the floor swimming in a pool of blood with 2 guys pulling off her clothes while the rest cheered. She wasn't moving, she didn't even seem like she was breathing.

My mind went completely blank.

I didn't say anything, all I remember was I ran and kicked the 2 guys who were molesting her. One by one I knocked each and every one of them out cold, breaking at least one part of their body.

I don't remember the rest, I was too panicked at the sight of Aka-chin unconscious and swimming in her own blood, she lost so much blood. Her head was practically cracked open.

"Aka-chin, wake up" I tried waking her up but she wasnt moving at all. Shinichiro has already called the ambulance by then. "I promised I'd protect you, but you were alone, this is all my fault." I said as I stroked her hair.

"Manjiro, the ambulance is here" Shinichiro told me as 2 paramedics approached us and took her in the ambulance.

...

Inumaki Akaza was sent to the emergency room and has been unconscious for 8 days, and within those 8 days Sano Shinichiro died.

...

[Akaza's POV:]

I woke up with a huge headache and was feeling terribly weak. I don't remember anything at this point, but I did realize I was in the hospital.

"Akaza-chan, you're finally awake" Emma said in tears

"Where's Mikey?" was the first thing I said.

"Mikey went home" She told me Mikey hasn't left my side for the past 4 days, she pretty much begged Mikey to go home and rest or atleast freshen up. "Akaza-chan, Shinichiro is dead" Emma said then she started crying.

what?

I was in complete shock. I was in such a shock that I had an unbearable headache. I just couldn't comprehend what she said. It's impossible, how long was I out and what happened while I was out? It happened all too fast.

"This is some kind of cruel joke" I told Emma who shook her head still crying. tears started forming in my eyes and my world just wentd dark.

I got up from my bed ripping out the IV injected in my arm, I need to see Mikey. How is Mikey taking all of this in. Emma tried to stop me but I still forced myself. As soon as I got up and took 2 steps, I fainted.

I was knocked out for another 2 days and missed Shinichiro's funeral. You don't know how devastating this is, not only to me but to Mikey.

...

"I don't know what I'll do if I'll lose you too" Mikey said as I was released from the hospital a few days later, Mikey and Emma's grandfather has offered me to stay with them until I fully recover since I lived alone and no one would take care of me there.

"I'm sorry" Was all I could say to Mikey.

Ever since then, Mikey's eyes have become darker.