Chapter 40

Chapter 40:

Everyone was shocked by Hanma's announcement. But in the end, they come to understand how big this is for Toman. Jumping from 150 to 450 in an instant is huge. Toman can easily rule Tokyo with that number.

"Toman! Toman! Toman!" Everyone started chanting in Toman's victory,

"Somebody helped to connect our two gangs, it's thanks to him that this is happening! Please come forward! Kisaki Tetta!" Hanma called out to Kisaki. Everyone in Toman cheered for Kisaki as he went up the stairs and shook hands with Hanma and Mikey.

"There are a few more things we need to discuss," Mikey said. "Inumaki Akaza has something to say"

"It's the 6th division captain!"

"I still can't believe Toman's 3rd commander is a girl!"

"She kicked ass though during the fight with Valhalla!"

I stood in front of everyone, their eyes stared at me still in disbelief about who I actually am. 

"I'm here to apologize to everyone for lying," I told them "I lied about being a girl and continued to be part of Toman, I didn't want my gender to be a setback for Toman that's why I hid the truth. But I do love Toman, we created Toman two years ago with Baji Keisuke's vision. But I can no longer be part of that"

"What?" 

"I, Inumaki Akaza, relinquish my position as Tokyo Manji Gang's 6th Division Captain," I said as I bowed down to everyone "I'm really sorry"

"You don't have to apologize!"

"You did great!"

"You will always be part of Toman!"

Everyone was so supportive, makes me think I wish I never hid the truth from them. Mikey walked towards me then patted me on the head.

"Toman will wait until you're fully recovered," Mikey told me, I guess him a questioning look "You will always be Toman's 3rd in command, come back when you're ready," Mikey said, I couldn't help but cry. I was thankful for Mikey's words. It gave me something to look forward to. "With that being said, The members of Valhalla will fall under the 6th division, The 6th division will now be led by Hanma Shuji!"

"Thank you," I told Mikey, he smiled at me and went back to the meeting. 

"There's one more thing we need to discuss" Mikey announced. "Though we gained much from the Bloody Halloween, there's also some we lost, The first division captain, Baji Keisuke, died that day"

Everyone went silent. 

"We must reflect deeply on this reality and take it seriously, we lost two captains today, I lost my childhood friend and almost lost my best friend," Mikey said "With that, I'll let you say the rest first division vice-captain, Matsuno Chifuyu" Mikey told Chifuyu

"I considered leaving Toman, but our leader stopped by telling me to live on Baji's will for the first division" Chifuyu stated "Leading the first division is a huge responsibility for me, I talked it out with our leader for days and arrived at this conclusion, I'm going to name the guy that I want to follow!" Chifuyu announced.

This is it.

"Hanagaki Takemichi, I nominate you as the first division captain!" Chifuyu announced, leaving everyone including Takemichi speechless. "Takemitchy. I believe that this is what Baji-san would have wanted! Our leader and I decided that Baji-san' left this responsibility for you"

"Hanagaki Takemichi! Raise your head and give me a response!" Mikey told Takemichi.

Tears started coming down his eyes, he was so honored and proud, you could see it in his face.

"I'll do my best!!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Good for you, Takemichi-kun!" I told him.

"What you crying about?" Draken said laughing.

...

Everyone went home but Mikey and I stayed at the shrine, we sat down at the stairs and just gazed at the night sky. I still don't know how to react to what happened in my bedroom, or everything to be honest.

He also told me he always liked me, but I never actually gave him a response about it.

Should I tell him I like him too?

"Do you think Baji will be happy with our decision?" Mikey asked out of nowhere.

"Seeing everything Takemichi-kun did for Toman, I'm sure it was and Baji wouldn't want anyone other than Takemichi and Chifuyu to lead the 1st division" I assured Mikey.

"Let's go home," Mikey said standing up and dusting himself. "We have school tomorrow," He said, he extended his hand out for me but I just stared at him "What's wrong?" He asked confused.

Just the thought of confessing to Mikey made me feel like I was going to faint.

I stood up and glared at Mikey, he gave me a questioning look. He was completely confused about why I was glaring at him.

"What did I do? Why are you mad?" He asked. 

"I really like you, Sano Manjiro!" I yelled at him, he froze. He was caught off guard with my weird confession. "I hate that I like you a lot, I can't be with you without being embarrassed" I admitted.

"That's why you're mad at me? Because you like me?" He said laughing out loud. It made me even madder at him. 

"Jerk!" I said as I started stomping down the stairs like a child.

"Hey! Where are you going?" He called out "I'm sorry, I just thought you were mad because I saw your yaoi collection"

"It's not a collection!" I yelled as I turned to face him.  I lost my balance and was about to fall down the stairs when Mikey grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.

"I've always loved you, Aka-chin. and I will always will" He told me, my eyes grew wide at his sudden confession. He leaned down kissing me on the lips.