Chapter 69

Chapter 69:

"Everyone listen up!" Mikey yelled as everyone in Toman arrived at Musashi shrine. "We have made a lot of sacrifices, but after defeating Tenjiku, Toman is now Japan's top gang!"

So we're finally here, huh? Finally on top.

"Right now, we have created a great era that will be handed down to generations to come!" Mikey continued, "That's why I want to end it all while we're at the top. As of today, Tokyo Manji Gang is disbanded"

I can't say that I'm not surprised, this is definitely something Mikey would do.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Mikey, Toman was everything to Mikey, but at the same time, he lost a lot because of Toman. 

"Let's end it all while we're on top" Mikey answered.

"Disbanded?!"

"Huh?!"

"What?!"

"Why all of the sudden?" Draken asked quite shocked as well, I guess this was a decision Mikey made alone.

"First division captain, Hanagaki Takemichi. Come forward!" Mikey said, Takemichi then came forward and stood in front of Mikey.

"To change the future, this should be the best action, right?" Mikey asked Takemichi, Takemichi was still in shock about the disbanded.

"Second division captain, Mitsuya Takashi, Come forward!" Mikey called out Mitsuya, Mitsuya came forward and Mikey thanked him as well "Toman wouldn't have gotten this far without you."

"Wait a minute, Mikey!" Mitsuya tried to intervene but Mikey was firm with his decision.

"Third division acting captain, Hayashi Ryouhei! Even without Pah-chin, you have worked very hard" Mikey told Peh-yan. Peh-yan started tearing up with Mikey's words.

"Fourth division captain, Kawata Nahoya" Mikey then called out to Smiley, "Thank you for supporting Toman until the very end"

"Don't say that Mikey!" Smiley said, hoping this isn't true. You could see in these members that they really loved Toman and it's sad that it's disbanding.

"Fifth division captain, Mutou Yasuhiro, even when you're not here right now, I'll always regard you as a member of Toman!" Mikey even thanked Mucho even though he betrayed Toman. That's how forgiving Mikey is.

"Tokyo Manji Gang's Vice President, Ryuguji Ken!" Mikey then called out to Draken, I can't say Draken was happy with Mikey's decision but he will always support Mikey no matter what.

"Sano Manjiro, you're one egotistical brat, above the heavens and under the heavens, I alone am the honored one, but we're all attracted to your charisma, which brought us to where we are now, I have no objections to the leader's decision," Draken said bowing down to Mikey. "Thank you for everything, president!"

"Thank you, Draken" Mikey told Draken. "Lastly, 6th division captain, Inumaki Akaza" Mikey called out to me, I came forward and stood in front of him, I wonder what is he going to say to me.

"Mikey, I fulfilled my promise of being with you until Toman becomes #1" I told him, "Even if Toman will disband I will remain loyal to you, leader"

"You have fulfilled that promise" He started off, "Do you want to make another promise?" 

"What?" I asked confused.

"5 years from now, when we're adults, let's get married" Mikey told me, my eyes grew wide, I was completely surprised. Is he proposing to me in front of Toman?! "Stay with me for the rest of our lives, can you promise me that?"

Everyone in Toman started cheering and yelling,

"Of course I will" I told Mikey, I couldn't hold in the tears I started crying. I was completely overwhelmed and happy.

I wasn't hesitant in saying yes.

What am I afraid of? The futures I saw aren't going to happen anymore, Kisaki is gone, Toman has disbanded. Mikey and I can finally live happily together.

"Then it's a promise!" Mikey told me with a huge smile on his face, "So this marks the end of Toman, no matter how good things have become, they must have an end and that end is today! But never forget Toman is forever in your hearts!"

Everyone started tearing up, an era is ending. 

It's sad but, when something ends, there will always be something new that would come. Everyone should be proud, Toman has accomplished a lot and that couldn't have happened without every member of Toman.

Everyone then chanted Toman's name and cheered.

"To commemorate our disbandmentc lets make a time capsule!" Hakkai suggested.

"Sounds good!" Mikey agreed to the idea. "Let's write a letter to our future selves, let's open it up 12 years later!"

"Sounds fun!" Smiley added.

"Let's gather here in a week, bring your letters and whatever you think is important" Mikey told everyone.

...

The following day...

I was at a cafe with Mitsuya, and Ryuuji-kun. Just because Toman disbanded doesn't mean our friendships would end it.

"The second and sixth division really has a weird connection with each other, doesn't it?" Ryuuji pointed out,

He has a point, Mitsuya and I were childhood friends, Ryuuji and Mitsuya goes to the same school, and Ryuuji is my vice captain. So there really is a strong bond between the second and sixth division.

"We'll still stay friends even if we're adults, right?" I asked them.

"Of course we will" Mitsuya said as he took a sip of his drink. "We were friends even before Toman was formed"

"So what are your plans now Toman has disbanded?" I asked the two of them.

"I'll focus on my Home Ec Club" Mitsuya said,

"I got hired as a part0-time clerk at a music store" Ryuuji answered, he always loved music above all else so I'm glad he got a job at something he loves. "How about you? Now Toman is gone, you have a lot of free time on your hands" he asked me.

"Pretty much the same, I'll look after Mikey" I told them

"You do that, things are still pretty rough for him after Emma passed away" Mitsuya said,

"Yeah, and Draken too" I told them. "So what are you goings to bring at the time capsule?" I asked, changing the subject. The conversation was getting kind of gloomy.

"I was thinking my lucky guitar pick, I always have it with me when Toman goes on gang fights," Ryuuji told me. 

"Mine's a secret" Mitsuya answered, "How about you?"

"I actually don't have a clue" I answered them, "I was never the type to be sentimental with things"

"That is true, you turned the shirt I gave you on your birthday into a rug" Ryuuji said,

"It doesn't fit me anymore, what do you want me to do with it?" I told him, he just huffed annoyed at me.

We were enjoying our conversation when we heard a loud noise coming from outside the cafe, the 3 of us went outside and saw a group of high schoolers beating up a middle schooler.

"I know that smile," Ryuuji told me,

"You're planning on taking them on aren't you?" Mitsuya asked me.

"What's one little fight gonna do?" I cheekily told them, they both just sighed at me.

No matter how troublesome I get, those two would always follow me to whatever stupid shit I'd do. I love these guys to death.