The reason

3rd person POV

In the snowy landscape of ANHS a boy and a girl were standing in the midst of a cold winter, their level of intimacy and their relationship right now was going to change, a change that the girl wanted, but the boy? He didn't want change.

Both of them had just been on a date and during their date it seemed as if their level of intimacy had increased.

Their relationship as classmates to friends, had been a surprise to the unobtrusive boy. Although he wanted no trouble, he let her cause as much as she wanted.

But why? Why would he indulge her?

Inside the mind of the boy were many morbid thoughts.

His mindset and his view on people impacted his willingness to let the girl indulge in her ways with him.

However, she always had doubts about him. She knew something was wrong but she didn't know what it was.

The boy she was infatuated with had seemingly no interest in her and that always made her doubt her feelings for him.

It's a dream for a girl to have her feelings reciprocated by the boy they like. But every time she saw and spoke to the boy, there was no semblance of anything she wanted from her dream man in him.

She had a want but no need for him, she liked him, however she didn't know how long that feeling would last.

It's a sad reality for her.

But an ironic thing. She had wanted her feelings to be reciprocated by a guy who couldn't do such a thing.

That was the extent of their relationship.

Satou Maya wanted Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

But... she can't have him.

Satou Maya... what a foxy girl.

Her wanting Ayanokouji was the reason for the entire date, her feelings were going to be laid out bare.

This was her last chance to have his heart, and she knew it.

The confession, a last ditch effort.

If it didn't work she would give up.

Satou POV

"I- I like you Ayanokouji kun! Please go out with me!"

I said it, I actually said it!

There's no turning back now, please accept me.

Ayanokouji: "I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way."

'Shatter'

My heart had just been shattered. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes.

Dammit Maya this isn't the time to cry.

I need to find out why he rejected me, that can't be it.

"I-I-Is that so, I know you just said you don't feel the same way but, that can't be it! Please tell me the real reason!"