Chapter 118: A Mother's concern

Izuku's POV:

Yaoyorozu-san and I were talking among ourselves while we waited for her parents to come back to the room. Once they came back, they once again thanked me for saving Yaoyorozu-san and offered to take me back home. I gladly accepted and Mister Yaoyorozu-sama asked me to follow him to the car while Miss Yaoyorozu-sama stayed behind to check up on Yaoyorozu-san and notify the police about the current situation.

While I was getting inside the car, I realized that I had been forgetting something very important this entire time. I started to get cold sweats as the worst possible thing imaginable was waiting for me when this car trip ends.

DY: "Is something wrong?" he asks as he looks into the rearview mirror.

Izuku: "Yo-ou're just dropping me off. Right?" I ask nervously.

DY: "Of course. Your mother must be worried sick, so I'll just drop you off where you live and I'll be on my way." which made me ease up a bit as I solemnly looked outside the window, taking in the scenery of the people, the buildings, and the cars that we pass by as we make it to my apartment.

It took a while to get there, but once I got there, I grabbed my bag and thanked him for dropping me off as I then slammed the door shut, making my way to the door, preparing for what's to come. As I took my first steps, I didn't hear the car driving off but another door being opened and slammed closed. Hoping it isn't what I think it is, I slowly turn around to see that Mister Yaoyorozu-sama was tidying himself up as he prepared to walk beside me.

Izuku: "Wh-Why are you ge-getting out of the car as well?" I asked hesitantly.

DY: "To explain what happened yesterday of course. We can't have your mother be missing out on the important details." he then gave me a gentle smile, but to me, it felt like a devilish grin.

I slowly made my way to the door of my apartment, only to prolong the inevitable. Once I made it to the front of my door, I stood there for a moment as I then glanced to the right to see that Mister Yaoyorozu-sama was busy texting on his phone. I only sighed as I then knocked on the door, only to hear no response.

Izuku: "M-Mom?" I nervously called out only for there to be silence.

Just when I thought no one was home, the door slowly creaked open, revealing a darkened room as blue eyes pierced through the veil of darkness, giving a frightening chill down my spine.

Inko: "IIIIIZZZZZUUUUUKKKKUUUU!" she wails out as she leaps towards me to give me a tight hug while she cries in a river.

Izuku: "It's alright mom. I'm alright." I said back to her, trying to comfort her while I patted her back to calm her down.

Inko: "When you didn't respond yesterday, I thought that you were just tired and when I checked, I thought I saw that you were sleeping. Bu-But this morning when I called you, you didn't respond, a-and when I went to check what's going on, it was just a bunch of pillows. Then I saw your bag wasn't there and thought that you ran away!" she said so quickly while panicking, worried that the worst had happened.

Izuku: "I'm right here mom. There's no way I'm running away from here." I said back to her as she continued crying. "But mom-" as I tried explaining to her that Mister Yaoyorozu-sama was right behind her but she continued her wailing.

Inko: "Once I found out that you weren't home, I skipped out on work trying to call everyone I know to see if they knew where you were." as she placed her head on my shoulder, not looking back at me, "Where were you?' she asks me, sounding heartbroken

I was speechless as I was used to her constant worrying but I had never heard her sound like this before. I started zoning out as I was wondering how I was supposed to answer. Mister Yaoyorozu-sama then clears his throat, getting my mom's attention as she was surprised by his appearance.

Inko: "Oh. Mister Yaoyorozu-sama." she says to him in a somewhat surprised tone as her voice still shakes while she is trying to wipe off the tears.

DY: "Please. Drop the formal talk. If your son is a close friend of my daughter, then you're a close friend of mine." he says politely, slightly cheering her up.

Inko: "O-Okay. Mister Yaoyorozu." she said his name awkwardly as she was uncomfortable not using honorifics while speaking to him, "What brings you here?" she asks nervously.

DY: "It's in regards to your son being missing from yesterday." which made me tense up as mom would get even more worried than she already has, which was apparently inevitable to me. "He snuck out of your house to help find my daughter." which completely caught her off guard as she began looking more worried.

Inko: "He-helping find her how?" she questions, preparing for the bad news to come while I did the same.

DY: "Your son created a program that was able to locate the whereabouts of my daughter, and when it worked, he immediately rushed into action." which put a more scared look on her face as she was going to find out the truth, bracing myself for what's to come once said, "He contacted the police and me. And once the information was shared, my daughter was located in the location he said she would be. But as it was already late in the night, he had to sleep in as he was too tired to come back home immediately. By the time we realized what time it was, we were late in bringing him home." it shocked me that he was covering me, but I was not the only one. My mom was also shocked and impressed by the feat.

Inko: "My baby did that?" she cries out in enjoyment to which he nods, making her so proud of me as she immediately hugs me back, giving me praise.

DY: "As a thank you for helping to find my daughter, how about I drive you to work and use my name to excuse your absence." he says to my mom.

Inko: "I-I co-couldn't do such a thing." she says to him all stuttering as she was surprised that he was offering to help her.

DY: "Please. It'll leave me with deep regret if I got the mother of my daughter's savior in trouble with work for my sake." he says like a gentleman as he holds my mother's hands, making her blush.

Inko: "I-I'll g-go ge-get re-ready ri-right away!" she says all panicky and stuttering as she was surprised by MIster Yaoyorozu-sama's charms.

It was then just me and Yaoyorozu-sama waiting outside.

Izuku: "Why did you cover for me?" I ask.

DY: "Whatever could you mean?" he asks, being clueless about it.

Izuku: "Why did you lie for me?" I said it more clearly than last time.

DY: "I never lied. I simply told her the truth that she needed to hear." which he isn't wrong about since his words and speech can be interrupted as misleading but none were lies.

Izuku: "Why?" I ask him.

He stood there silent for a while before turning his back to me as he started his walk back to his car.

DY: "It would seem that if I had mentioned everything, it would cause great problems for you." as he then turned his head over his shoulders, "And how can I do that to my daughter's savior." as he then resumed walking back to his car, putting a smile on my face.