Chapter 66: Giving Mei her Gift

Izuku POV:

Once we had entered the weaponry exhibit, I saw many people and a few heroes as well. My eyes sparkled as I ran up to the first hero I saw and asked for their autograph. While I was on my way to get the hero's autographs, the Hatsume's were looking at the weapons being displayed along the path.

MH POV:

MH: "Well your friend seems enthusiastic about heroes!" I said in a cheery manner.

Mei: "Yeah, he really admires them. I can't wait to see what kind of hero he'll become." She says while looking at Midoriya as he has some small talk with one of the heroes on patrol.

MH: "Hero? He's not going to be one of the supporters who make inventions for heroes?" I questioned since he was already working for Tanaka Corporations and working with my daughter.

Mei shook her head no.

Mei: "No matter how much I tried in convincing him to enter the support industries with me, he is dead set on becoming a hero."

MH: "Then why is currently working in the support industry? I'm sure he'll turn out to be a great hero." I said confidently since he was another version of Benjiro who wanted to become a hero instead.

Mei looked hesitant before she spoke again.

Mei: "He needs as much experience as he can get. Being quirkless isn't easy." She says, making both my husband and I shocked as we looked back at Midoriya as he was already talking with another hero for an autograph.

MH: "QUIRKLESS!" I yelled, surprised, to which she only nodded her head, "I don't think it's possible for him to be a hero then. It's tough against those in power." I said as I truly believed that he could make a change, but not as a hero.

Mei: "Doesn't matter to me. I already saw how heroic he can be." as she gave a genuine smile, surprising both my husband and me again since this was the first time she had shown genuine emotions.

I wanted to tell her that I support her belief, but suddenly, the exit to the main hall had its shudders closed, surprising everyone inside. Before the heroes could take action, there was an announcement made over the speakers.

Speakers: "Sorry about the error. It seems one of the programs malfunctioned, leaving everyone trapped inside. But do not panic, there will be people who will be able to fix the error. In the meantime, please enjoy the current exhibit you're in as we deal with this issue." the speaker then went out.

MH: "I wonder what caused the system to malfunction?" I questioned.

No one's POV:

~~~~The day before the trip~~~~

???: "This is the plan." A dark figure said as he had a full black mask on, with the forehead of it marked with a fully opened eye, "Squadron 3 will hack into the system and lock everybody inside. To not draw suspicion, they will announce that it was just a malfunction. Squadron 2 will then set up these devices, " as he pulled out a black box, "To block any outgoing and ingoing signals. Once that's done, that's when we start the assault. We'll first start with the one with the fewest heroes and overwhelm them. Once that's done, we'll take anybody in the area as hostages as we snag all the gear. We'll follow the same plan throughout the building. Understood?" as the figure looked up from the blueprints that were laid onto the tale as he then received nods from his group. "Good! We'll commence tomorrow at 19:00."

Izuku POV:

As I was getting my notebook signed by one of the heroes, the shudders went down, making the heroes on full alert. But once the announcements were just technical problems, they calmed down and resumed their patrol. I went back to the Hatsumes as I didn't like what was going on.

MH: "Is it even possible for this place to malfunction?" she asked.

Mei and I shook our heads no.

Mei: "This place was a long time in the making, there's no way there'll be a malfunction after only opening up for 2 weeks."

Izuku: "If there was a malfunction, they would have made sure everyone left since it's dangerous to leave people in an area with many dangerous items if there was a possibility of a malfunction, even if it means prying the shudders open with the help of the heroes." I added.

MH: "Well, whatever is going on, looks like we'll be here a while. Is there anything else you want to do while we wait here?" she asks.

Izuku: "I already got all the autographs from the heroes in this exhibit."

Mei: "And I already wrote down all the notes I need."

MH: "Okay. How about you honey?" as she turns to her husband, but he just shrugs his shoulders.

Izuku: "Well, since we are waiting, I might as well hand you your present." As I took out a small box that was tucked inside of my pants and handed it to her.

She opened it up to show some new steampunk goggles.

Mei: "Thanks Muscles!" She yelled as she then took it out of the box and began examining it

Izuku: "I know how much you like steampunk design, so I made these goggles, but there is a hidden feature to them. Why don't you try them on?" she then looked up and down before she started wearing them. The goggles then started lighting up, "I based it off of my glasses and implemented the technology to these goggles. This is connected to the UCS I have, so it can scan items and pull up data from them. There's also a neurotransmitter so that you can adjust the setting without doing any hardware"

She then starts looking around trying to test them out.

MH: "Are you sure it's safe to give my daughter such information?" she questions.

Izuku: "It should be alright. The data that she is able to see is all monitored and controlled by the UCS." I said, which confused her more since she didn't know what a UCS was.

Mei: "Um muscles, it's able to scan things, but it says that data can't be found." as she removes the goggles.

Izuku: "That can't be! The UCS can stay connected to anything as long as the thing makes contact with it at first." I then try putting on the goggles, only to receive the same message that no data could be found. "There must be something wrong with the signal. Can you try checking the signals on your phone?" I asked as something seemed off.

They both pulled up their phones, only to show that there was no signal.

Izuku: 'What is going on?' I thought.