Chapter 97: Resolve

Izuku's POV:

While I was adjusting one of the assigned support gears to us, Fumihiro-sama walked into the lab as he held a file in his hand.

Fumihiro: "Satoshi. I need you to work on a new assignment that needs to be done immediately."

Satoshi: "Does it have to be me? Isn't there anyone else you could ask?" he asked as he looked uncomfortable by his request, which made Fumihiro's veins in his forehead bulge as he was ticked off.

Fumihiro: "Yes. You're the only one left who was a part of one of my younger brother's projects." where I then turned to Nakamura-san as he looked even more uncomfortable by his request. "There is no need to be hesitant. This is something that the Yaoyorozus need urgently."

Nakamura-san seemed less tense as he then sighed. He looked towards me with eyes of hesitation before he got up from his seat and left the room with Fumihiro. I was left alone in the lab with no further instructions besides fine-tuning the returned support gears.

Nakamura-san didn't return before my work hours were up, so I clocked out without saying goodbye to him as I then made my way to Yaoyorozu-san's mansion so that I could properly apologize and explain everything to her.

While I was walking along the fences of their property, I saw that the gates were opened as police cars were parked outside as they were talking to a few of the servants. I got worried and wanted to run inside to check on Yaoyorozu-san, but before I could make it to the front of the entrance, I was stopped by one of the police officers.

Police: "What's a kid doing here?" he questions with a stern face as he crosses his arms.

Izuku: "I-I just want to ch-checked o-on, my friend. Momo Yaoyorzu." I stuttered through my words as I was too anxious to find out what was happening.

Police: "Nice try kid. Someone like you wouldn't even be able to get in touch with someone like her." as he forcefully grabbed my arm and led me out of the premises.

I cried out, begging him to let me go as my anxiousness grew, worrying over what happened, but he only ignored my pleas as he continued griping me.

Butler: "What do you think you're doing?" one of the butlers asked as he stood right in front of us.

Police: "Caught this kid trying to sneak in, claiming to be the kidnapped kid's friend." which made me stop resisting as I slowly took in the word, " kidnapped", in my brain.

Izuku: "K-Kidnapped?" I whispered as I was stunned and only grew more worried.

Butler: "I'll take it from here. You can continue your work as an officer." The officer looked down on me as he dropped my hand forcefully before walking back. "Are you okay?" as he crouched down to check on me.

Izuku: "Wh-What did he mean b-by k-kidnapped? Wh-What's happening!?" I started panicking.

He grabbed me by the shoulders as he then gave me a firm look.

Butler: "I can't go into much detail but the young miss didn't return home yesterday and no one was able to find her. My masters were only notified about the situation today." I stood there in shock, still not wanting to believe that she was kidnapped. "You might want to return home. We'll be busy here for a while." as he then left me to go with the other officers.

My mind was jumbled up as I mindlessly walked back to the train station. I couldn't help but feel like I was part of the reason she got kidnapped, that if I had only been truthful before, she wouldn't have been as hurt and run away. I was at the station, still feeling guilty for what happened to her.

The train came by and the doors opened. I was about to get on but before I could take another onto the cart, I remembered all the laughs and smiles we had together, the times we sang together, practiced together, to me remembering the song I wrote for her, saying how she could count on me. I stopped myself from taking a step onto the cart while I was frozen in place. I turned around as I started running.

Izuku: 'I can't leave her behind like this!" I thought as I swung my bag over my shoulder as I then uncovered the secret compartment in my bag and placed the UCS on my wrist. I went to the list of connected devices as I then activated all the drones that were available. 'Sorry, Daichi but I need all the help I can get.' I then sent coordinates to the drones to come to my location.

No One's POV:

Miss Yaoyorozu can be seen being stressed out in her work-study as she waited for someone. The door briefly opened as it then immediately closed.

MY: "Did you find any clues to where she is?" she questions as the figure then reveals themselves to be the ninja as he then got on one knee.

Ninja: "Apologizes master. There were no clean signs towards where they went. They must've known the layout of the area and were able any CCTVs. There's no way to track her down through normal means." which only made Miss Yaoyorozu panic further as she continued walking back and forth. "I'm sorry Master. If only my quirk could be more reliant on stealth, none of this would have happened." as he then shifted into a dogeza, taking full blame for his incompetence.

MY: "It's not your fault." as she then sighed and sat on her chair, "I was digging into businesses I knew I shouldn't have messed with." she then shook her head in regret, rethinking her choices.

Ninja: "I can try to find my colleagues with quirks that can help with tracking people since nothing can be completely covered up." he tried to get her to think about something else rather than blaming herself.

MY: "No, we have heroes working on that now. There is another job I need you to do." The ninja walked towards her desk as he was handed his next assignment. After reading it, he nodded in understanding as he then exited through the window and used his quirk to not catch the eyes of the police.

Meanwhile, Izuku can be seen standing near the area of the train station as a small swarm of drones was flying over him.

Izuku: 'Hopefully this works.' he thought as he then sent the command to search the entire city for any traces of Yaoyorozu. He witnessed the drones fly in different directions as they went to scan different areas of the city. 'Please be able to find her.' he begged.