Chapter 82: Playing at Tanaka's House

Izuku's POV:

I went towards Ichika's room to see that she had already prepared a tea party with her toys, leaving one empty seat for me.

Ichika: "Come sit down!" she yelled to me excitedly as she patted the chair next to her.

I set down my bag near the door as I then prepared to be in character. This time, she said that I was an adventurer who was gone for a very long journey and her stuffed toys/dolls would like to know what I had found during my journey as they were like fans/admirers of mine. I reworded the actual events that had happened by saying how the voyage required me to do long hours and on the journey, my partner's birthday was coming up, so I had to gather some supplies for her gift.

Ichika: "Her gift?" she questions, "And what did you get her?"

Izuku: "I stayed up late nights, recreating this thing while also trying to fit it to her taste." which seemed to upset her but I played it off as her getting into the role.

Stuff Toy(Ichika): "Would you say that you are close to this partner of yours?" the stuffed bunny asked me.

Izuku: "I would like to think so. She's a great friend to have." I answered, which caused Ichika to sigh in relief.

Doll(VoicedbyIchika): "And what else did you do for her birthday?"

I stopped for a moment to figure out what I can say without making Ichika worry too much.

Izuku: "We went to an unexplored land where we then had to escape for the traps were set off." I answer the doll.

We continued role-playing for a while until Suzuki-san knocked on the door to alert us that there were snacks downstairs. We had momentarily stopped playing as we then headed downstairs, where we quietly ate snacks while Suzuki-san was seated nearby while drinking tea and reading the newspaper.

Izuku: "So what have you been up to while I wasn't here?"

Ichika seemed somewhat fidgety, seemingly excited as she had something important to show me. She grabbed one of the small potted plants that weren't fully grown yet as she then used her quirk. She was able to make it move, like she always has, but the thing had slowly grown in size until it was at full bloom.

Hiro: "The young miss was secretly training her quirk for months. Now she is able to increase the growth rate of plants she is familiar with."Suzuki-san answered as I was amazed by the growth in her ability.

I quickly rushed upstairs as I then grabbed my notebook and ran back down to add more notes about her quirk. While I was busy writing notes while I was muttering other uses for this ability, I felt a tug on my shirt. I looked down to see Ichika pouting.

Ichika: "You're ignoring me!" she complains.

I closed up my notebook and set it down on the table. I patted her head as I then apologized, which seems like she somewhat accepted but still looked irritated.

Hiro: "That reminds me. Should I alert the driver to come to pick you up after school as I presume that you'll be coming here earlier now that you are free?" he asked, which slowly got Ichika to smile.

Izuku: "Yeah. Now that my training is on hold and I have nothing else to do, I might as well come here early to make up for the lost time." I answered back at him, which got Ichika to smile, even more, looking like she was trying so hard to refrain herself from smiling.

Once we finished eating our snacks, Ichika took out her homework as she then asked for some lessons as she was stuck on a few problems. I helped her understand the material while Suzuki-san was doing the chores around the house. After she finished her homework, we watched some T.V. together while we waited for dinner.

Just as Suzuki-san was serving dinner, we heard the front door opening, showing that Daichi had gotten back from his extra classes.

Daichi: "Izuku! I didn't expect to see you today." as he dropped his bags and ran towards me to greet me.

Izuku: "Yeah. Now that Nakamura-san has finished the required amount, he doesn't need help on weekdays anymore." I answered him. "What about you? What's up with these extra classes? Don't tell me you're falling behind?" I jokingly said.

Daichi: "I'm not. Just taking some advanced lessons." he answered.

We chatted with each other over dinner, catching up on what happened over the past two weeks.

No one's POV:

Ichika was getting jealous that her brother had come earlier than usual, taking away Izuku's attention. She hastily finished her dinner as she then went to bed while Izuku and Daichi continued chatting with each other.

After an hour of talking with each other, Izuku was dropped off by Suzuki-san. Izuku seemed happier that he got to meet with Ichika and Daichi again after a long time of not being able to see each other.

Elsewhere, at Tanaka Corporations, Satoshi was walking along with Fumihiro as they headed for the elevator.

Satoshi: "Remember our deal. I assist with whatever military equipment you're making and you keep Midoriya out of any dangerous or exhausting projects." He said to him as Fumihiro was inputting a code for the elevator to go down the sb level.

Fumihiro: "I remember. The only thing that will continue this deal is the results you produce." He answered as the elevator started going downward.

Satoshi: "What are you having me work on anyway?" he asked.

Fumihiro: "You'll see." as the elevator stops and the doors open, revealing a large hangar with a few scientists working on a large aircraft that doesn't appear to be ten percent complete yet, but many were testing some dangerous-looking weaponry, along with some other tech that may be useful.

Satoshi: "What is this?" he asked, frightened.

Fumihiro: "Something that was asked a few months ago to be created. This can deploy multiple people and can affect the tide of any battle." Fumihiro commented as he felt proud of it.

Satoshi: "This isn't even military-grade. This is something beyond that." he argued back as he refused to work on a weapon like this.

Fumihiro: "Now, Now. Since you are now aware of this, I'm afraid I can't let you blabber this to anyone else. Of course, I can't get rid of you, I don't want to waste a brilliant mind like yours, but there are others that are not needed. Like, say, a few of your old colleagues who work at a competitor's company." Fumihrio said, as he insinuated, that he was going to kill anyone close to Satoshi if he were to refuse, angering him, but he could only exhale as he had no real power.

Satoshi: "What do you want me to work on?" he reluctantly asked, putting a smile on Fumihiro's face.

Fumihiro: "First, let's introduce you to the team." he wrapped his arm around him and called for everyone to gather while Satoshi was wishing that Benjiro was still alive.